Candidate truck for lame ducks-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Candidate truck for lame ducks-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 09:40 am:

I think it says "Nut ambulance for lame ducks" on the back.
Any idea what this is all about?
It's from Iowa by the license plate.
What series is that rear differential housing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 09:47 am:

I have no clue about the labels, but it's an old timer. The other cars are more modern.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 10:47 am:

Looks like a 1911-1912 rear axle, but the left front fender is late-14 through 1916

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 11:01 am:

Definitely not "STOCK". The windshield looks like a 1912 or earlier either well tarnished or painted. The taillight also looks like old brass. Gray and Davis or similar, not Ford.

Certainly some upgrading or downgrading has occurred.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H. Nichols on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 12:59 pm:

Lame Ducks perhaps as in the following.

In his last two years as president Obama like all other presidents after George Washington is considered a Lame Duck President based on theory that an outgoing president can get no meaningful
legislation through Congress.

Of course in Canada it could mean something entirely different.

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 04:10 pm:

The 'Candidate' and 'Lame Duck' words used above reminded me of the time I hauled the county commissioners and judge in a parade on the bed of my '25 TT C Cab. After I got them situated on hay bales I fastened the rear gate and took a reproduced porcelain sign out of the cab that said 'Licensed to Haul Manure'. Hooked it on two crooked nails of the rear gate and off to the parade we went. They received a lot of attention, guffaws and waving as we passed down the street.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 05:14 pm:

Of course, until 1951 it wasn't certain when a president's last two years in office would be...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 05:26 pm:

The undated Iowa plate is 1916 through 1918.

The upside down crescent moon and the pyramid on the side panel could signify a number of things such as the Shriners.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 08:45 pm:

Hope the trolley doesn't take off the back of his truck.
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration