Kentucky folk artist

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Kentucky folk artist
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J Marino on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 07:56 pm:

https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail.cfm?lot_id=FL0115-203226

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Bracknell United Kingdom on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 05:14 pm:

Aaargh!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 06:00 pm:

That would be good for a circus parade with a clown in the drivers seat.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 07:39 pm:

It may well have been a Clown that built it. <|:0)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 09:30 pm:

It was on Ebay several times but the asking price was astronomical.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 12:53 pm:

You guys just don't understand "art" ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 01:25 pm:

Burger, you are correct! This guy "art" just doesn't seem to speak my language.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 02:00 pm:

Needs a C-cab. Might look good and circus-y then...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 04:31 pm:

Interesting....wonder what it will bring this time?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Circus-Wagon-Model-T-Ford-Circus-Wagon-/151 290203447?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2339994d37&item=151290203447&pt=US_Cars_Truck s

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 04:46 pm:

This vehicle embodies everything I love in a Model T. The bright colors, the
lovely natural wood spokes, the pandemonius choreography of disoriented
theme/s, and the froggy, high mounted headlights deliver this glorious piece
of Americana not as some mere puritanical embodiment of period correctitude ! ...
... but as a whimsical blast of flatulence to delight both the eyes and soul of
all who are fortunate enough to behold it !

Now gents, let's get our heads in the right place and feel the warm embrace
we all know we want to give this. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 05:06 pm:

This vehicle embodies everything I love in a Model T. The bright colors, the
lovely natural wood spokes, the pandemonius choreography of disoriented
theme/s, and the froggy, high mounted headlights deliver this glorious piece
of Americana not as some mere puritanical embodiment of period correctitude ! ...
... but as a whimsical blast of flatulence to delight both the eyes and soul of
all who are fortunate enough to behold it !

Now gents, let's get our heads in the right place and feel the warm embrace
we all know we want to give this. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 05:22 pm:

You can say that again, Burger!

(Message edited by veloman on January 05, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 06:09 pm:

It has its plus's and minus's. A little overdone to my taste, but having worked with clowns and having graduated from clown school, I can appreciate what he has done here. Put some small children in the back and driven by that guy from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, or have the Pied Piper drive it and it would be a hit in any parade.

Give me the chance and I will be more than happy to dress up and drive it around. Would be a lot of fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 02:41 pm:

Sorry Dave, but you scare me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 02:49 pm:

Looks like it could be saved. Take everything off the top and you have a solid set of running gear with frame and windshield. The wheels will need some TLC but this has all the makings of a solid speedster. Lol, as many on here like to say "I started with less." I'd probably keep the horn too.

Honestly you either strip it all off and turn it into a speedster or just set the whole thing on fire. I'm a little torn between the two options. It's obviously in pain. Someone just needs to have the heart to put it out of its misery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 02:53 pm:

We all have to find our own balance between the purist of pure cars and these outlandish creations. If you can find something in between that you are happy with, you are far better off than most folks. It is always fun to see what is out there and this has been a good place to see them.

Enjoy

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 05:17 pm:

Are there any chapters of either Model "T" Club in India or Pakistan?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 12:41 am:

Harold,

No MTFCA chapters but there is a Model T Club in India. Our club in NSW Australia has one of their ex members who had to leave his Model T behind with his father as the Indian Government will not allow it to be exported. He now has an ex members 1923 Touring unrestored to work on here.

I still can not access the MTFCI to find out if there is one from either country there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 02:47 am:

Oh yeah, this critter would look right at home in most of Afrika,
South America, Asia, or the archipeligos ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 12:16 pm:

Dang at the pots and kettles on this forum!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H. Nichols on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 02:49 pm:

Harold

the MTFCI publication for May-Jun 2013 does not show a club in India or Pakistan. I can check newer issues to see but do not remember seeing a club in those countries

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 02:56 pm:

I wouldn't be seen in it but if that's what someone's into, who am I to judge? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 03:07 pm:

Well.............

The description does say it has a new battery. At least that's something. If somebody gave me the vehicle I could use a new battery in my tractor.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 03:53 pm:

All I get from the first site link listed is an ad for an auction. Is there an additional link to look at?

If I was in India and they told me I couldn't export MY Model T...I would have disassembled it and shipped it out one part at a time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Sanford - Lucas, TX on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 03:57 pm:

When I saw the title, I was interested to read more. This is more in line with Folk Art to me.
FL Art Car Show  2007
FL Art Car Show  2007 #2

This was built by a gentleman from the midwest, Nebraska I believe, and won first place in a Florida Art Car show in 2007. Sorry I don't know the gentleman's name.

Hope you like it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 04:54 pm:

The shrine club in our area has something similar. I gave them some tires for it that I pulled from my Model A. They only use it for parades, so the lack of deep tread didn't matter to them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 04:12 pm:

I just looked at the eBay posting and they said they would ship to the US.

Does that mean KY is not part of the US?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 04:19 pm:

Methinks Burger's got it pretty well nailed - "a whimsical blast of flatulence"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 07:08 pm:

I just got on the link and it is sold.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration