Does anyone know about this car?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Does anyone know about this car?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 08:53 pm:

Here is a copy/pasted ad from the HCCA website "For sale" section....

1909 Ford Model "T" Touring

This 1909 Touring is disassembled. Restoration Needs to be completed
All correct parts including:
•1910 rear end and coil box
•New smooth white tires
All new parts for engine including a new steel crank.
Photo is Before it was disassembled.
Offered at $29,500 OBO

The email indicated doesn't work. None of my co-horts know Bruce and I am receiving calls pertaining to the car, for which I have no answers. I guess my detective skills are lacking on this one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 08:58 pm:

If you go way down the classifies you will find the car listed. Same ad cut and pasted to bump with a photo of the assembled car.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/476319.html?1417756682

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 09:00 pm:

By the way I see you have a 58 Jelly mold! :-) Had one too, fun little car. Learned to hand crank driving it!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 10:12 pm:

Mark...never heard it called a Jelly Mold...Been asked many times what kind of VW it is though. I tell them it's a British one with the engine in the proper location. I'm the second owner and I have all papers from day 1. Has nearly 1/2 million miles on it and still gets 40 mpg. It's fun but it's getting tired, like me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Bracknell United Kingdom on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 05:13 pm:

Back in the 60s when there was a Moggie Minor on every street in England, I had a girlfriend who called them Porridge because they were grey and boring. My stepson can't stand the f@rting noise from the exhaust on the overrun.

I quite liked the couple I had, apart from the 3000 brass screws that you have to undo to remove the floor to get at the mastercylinder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 09:51 pm:

Call Dave Longstreth in cave creek Arizona. He has the car in his shop and has been working on the engine. 480-563-7740

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay F. Cramer on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 10:08 pm:

I have been driving Minors for over 40 years, including my growing up years in South Dakota. They are a bit short on heater capacity at -30F, but they do get along pretty well in the snow with a set of chains on. At the moment I don't have one running, but the current collection has 4 restoration projects and four parts cars. The guys in our local Brit car club refer to my storage building as "where old Morrises go to die".

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration