Hayes wire wheel hub caps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Hayes wire wheel hub caps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, January 03, 2015 - 10:01 pm:

Are these caps available new?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 05:24 am:

Les, short answer, yes. Vintage and Classic Reproductions do excellent loss wax castings in red bronze. If you nickel plate them as originally done, they are a work of art.

Go online at www.VintageandClassicReproductions.com for a full catalog and prices.

Hope this helps.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 10:22 am:

http://www.vintageandclassicreproductions.com/hayes.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 10:23 am:

There is on on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MODEL-T-FORD-HAYES-HUB-CAP-/141524860708?pt=Vintage_Car_ Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20f389ff24&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 11:51 am:

Guys
Thx. I appreciate the help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 06:32 pm:

Les, methinks that ebay offering is way out of focus for a reason. The inside shot looks to be machined, indicating that it is a sand casting which needed same. Typically, this means a lot of the detail on the outside is poorly reproduced.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 07:33 pm:

There's absolutely NO excuse for a blurry picture these days. Zero, Zip, Zilch. Even the cheapest cameras have auto focus. All people have to do is spend two minutes and read the directions if they're not familiar with the camera. Makes you wonder how they make it to the bathroom alone.

I couldn't get the inside view to come up. Perhaps the seller removed it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Dorholt - Mpls, MN on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 07:49 pm:

Ken I like the bathroom one, I have worked with some people and I have wondered how they found their way back to work the second time.
I just sent him a question asking what he is tiring to hide with such bad pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 11:37 am:

i dont know about the hayes cap, but i have seen some dayton caps made by the same guy, cnc machined, i thought they were very nice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 10:00 pm:

Les, I think I have one buried on my desk somewhere that is pretty nice. I'll be up in February. I'm looking for Buffalo or House caps.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration