The Farmers Friend, Final stage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: The Farmers Friend, Final stage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 08:05 am:

Just finishing my winter project I call "the farmers friend", It embodies the definition of Completely stock, totally original, aftermarket bodied, 1918 thru 1927 Model T utility runabout. And embodies the definition of how the Model T was adapted during it's life span, up to and including WW2 when extra gas ration stamps could be acquired if your vehicle could be used to assist the war effort in agriculture or scrap metal transport. - After a 40 year absence from the hobby, I have really enjoyed this winter project and now feel I am ready to complete a 1927 coupe for my sister. - Thanks to all members who willingly answered all my stupid questions and helped supply wonderful advise and parts to help me get to this point. I feel this is what the Model T hobby is all about. Thanks again all. Harv.
friendfriendfriendfriend

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 08:25 am:

Sweet! Any plans to paint or just allow the wood to age and silver up? It's cool either way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jason macintyre on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 08:39 am:

Nice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 09:29 am:

The wood on the bed is Ash, the firewall, floor and rear fenders are marine grade plywood. all are stained Minwax "puritan pine" with a topcoat of urethane. The color should stay nice for many years. Harv.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 09:54 am:

Looks very nice. Did you use "Spar" urethane.? Regular urethane has little to no UV protection and will fail if in the sun much. "Spar" Urethane has UV protection and will take a lot of sun and water. Regular "Spar" varnish is extremely UV proof and is even used for below water applications. I had a truck similar to yours years ago. I always liked that style. Simple and very useful. You should enjoy it for years ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 10:26 am:

Used the spar, Hope it holds up. Harv.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 10:40 am:

Very nice Harvey!KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 11:05 am:

That looks like truckloads of fun! Nice job on it, Harvey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 11:09 am:

I like it. Useful and fun at the same time.
Also like the 65-6 f-100 in the background! :>)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 11:11 am:

66 F-250. Another project. Harv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 11:30 am:

My uncle Tate built one like that back in the 60's.
His had a school bus seat on it.
It is still out in the shed where he last parked it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 07:03 am:

A satisfying project for my first in many years. Harv.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 09:29 am:

A similar version, in 1910:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 09:37 am:

WOW Harvey, would love to have stumbled over a 250 of that vintage. If the power train was beyond help, a 460 with C6 would get dropped in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 10:07 am:

Mack, stumbled on the 66 in October for 1500.00, although I didn't need another project, couldn't pass it up. 300cid 6 with a 4 speed. Runs good.6666

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 10:27 am:

Harvey,dont change a thing then,that 6 is good.I put 1 in my truck that has a rv cam and bored 30 over.Pulls good. Only upgrade I want is disc brakes on the front.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 10:52 am:

Rob, I have a similar Advertisement I think dated 1926. I'll post if I can find it. Thanks for posting. Harv.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 11:31 am:

So the "New Ford Delivery Wagon" was an aftermarket body installed by a local dealer? I guess that was the dealer's ad letting folks know they could provide that service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 11:59 pm:

Harvey, I prefer a little more of a back rest for the seat, but it looks great. (Us old folks prefer more comfort)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 08:57 am:

Willie, I am 6'4 and weigh 200 lbs. and the way the seat is I have to lean back to operate the pedals. I am sewing up a set of bottom cushions and will see if I can adapt a backrest of some kind. At 69 I also need all the comfort I can get. Harv.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 09:17 am:

Harvey, nice truck.
Here (hopefully) is a link to the TT photos on the MTFCI site. If you scroll down to photo #77 there is a similar bodied truck with a simple backrest.
http://www.modelt.org/mtfcivb/showthread.php/134-Ford-Model-TT-Truck-Original-Pe riod-Photos/page8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 10:17 am:

Thanks Dale, Jay always has the greatest pictures. Harv.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration