Hood on backwards?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Hood on backwards?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 10:07 am:

From an earlier post, someone observed the hood on a Model T was on backwards. Got me thinking. If on backwards, it would scoop air into the engine compartment and without engine pans the rushing air would pass under the floorboards. It might help cool the engine. I haven't thought it through completely, but what do you think of the idea?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 10:34 am:

The fit would be poor on a hood from '17 up as the top panels are wider at the rear than the front, even more so with the '26-'27 hood.

Even the brass radiator hood tops are a bit of taper, so they would fit poor too.

If you want more engine air....leave off the hood lower panels :-)

Working under this heavy load, the lower hood panels had to come off.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 03:35 pm:

he air rushing by the louvers on the outside will create a vacuum which will pull the hot air from inside the hood to the outside. The cooler air blows in through the radiator. That will happen as the car moves along. When it is not in motion, only the fan will pull in air.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 04:17 pm:

Dan,

That photo is actually a Roadster...He has all that hay loaded in the turtle deck. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 05:08 pm:

The guy is not carrying a big load.

He pressed the wrong pedal and backed into a big hairy animal.

Can you guess what will happen next?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 08:31 pm:

I think he's pulling a 4-wheel trailer/wagon. If I'm not mistaken, that and another showing the trailer were posted before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 08:45 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 11:20 am:

Something I just noticed. See the trolley tracks down the center of the road? If he gets too close, it will cause a big mess!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 04:24 am:

Can anyone send me a electronic copy of the T hauling the hay??

Would love to get that printed and framed in a larger size for a poster
julieandalan@iinet.net.au

Thank you guys
Alan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 08:32 am:

The T pulling the hay wagon or whatever appears to be a 17-21 T by the looks of the fenders, headlights, radiator and etc.

Makes you wonder how the piles of hay he's carrying didn't catch fire!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 08:50 am:

That and similar pictures are available on the web:

https://www.google.com/search?q=model+t+ford+hauling+hay+picture&rlz=1C1PRFA_enU S447US447&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=605&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=kDmtVLzqEIm cgwTjg4HoDQ&ved=0CB0QsAQ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 11:37 am:

I was pleased to see the B&W picture above in a magazine I subscribe to. (HCC May) These photos get around. Seems like I usually see them here first.

Rich

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration