Pre War Swap Meet Luray Va.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Pre War Swap Meet Luray Va.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 01:33 pm:

Just posted on the 2014 forum - think this needs to be on 2015 as well. Dennis, can you post more info? We're thinking about bringing several from this area (Norfolk/Va Beach).
Terry

Oh - and be sure to bring old spark plugs for my collection!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 01:37 pm:

http://www.mapwsm.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 04:27 pm:

That's the info page we've been seeing but unfortunately there isn't much detail. The google map ends up as a red dot in the middle of a road. I understand it's at a VFW, so am wondering if some is indoors/outdoors? Blacktop or grass? Public parking nearby and is there a charge, food vendors, etc. Looks like there are plenty of motels in the vicinity and I know there is food around but not sure how close to the event it might be. Thanks for any info, and let me say, it's fantastic that an event like this is taking place on this side of the country. The brass meet up in PA is great but small, and of course Hershey happens only once a year, so this will be great!
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 04:54 pm:

I'm looking forward to it too. Is it like Hershey where there will be old cars puttin' around the field? I'm considering driving my T down the valley to it...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 10:56 am:

Hi All, sorry about the lack of detail. There are two covered pavilions( no sides) 35'x35' all added since the latest google mapping. We are in the process of laying out the meet field which lays to the rear of the VFW building. The front field next to Rt 211 will be designated to buyer(free) parking. Both fields are approximately 3 acres and are grass. There is no admittance charge for shoppers.
We will be providing 18 indoor (10'X10') spaces which are located within the VFW building. There are restroom facilities. We will have food vendors on site. I might add that vendors are permitted to stay on site in campers.

This is our inaugural event and in order to make this a success we will need your support. I would love to make this an annual event but we need vendor support. The VFW Post is gracious and working us on a rate based on attendance of vendors. They are really the ones stepping up with their facility to make this happen without a large financial commitment by us. So the more vendors we get the more the VFW will benefit. There is no personal financial gain to be realized by any individual for this event. Please send me a PM if you would like some more information. I have some PDF window flyers and/or 1/4 page ad I will forward. Thanks and hope to see ya there!!
P.S. if you are planning to Vend at our meet please register as soon as possible. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 11:28 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 01:18 pm:

oh dang, I'm going to be in the area just a couple weeks prior.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 02:53 pm:

Dennis... Post more details about the schedule, etc. when you can.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 10:22 am:

The Schedule of events are vendor setup Thursday, May 14, 2015, starting 7:00 AM. Public admission will begin Thursday 12:00 Noon-5:00PM. Friday, May 15, Public 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM and Saturday, May 16, Public 7:00 AM-4:00 PM.

We have a basic website setup and are planning to include more info in the near future. www.mapwsm.com

The photo posted by Steve is the correct location.The rear field is the vendor area and the front field is public parking. This is a well drained area and should not pose much problem in the event of rain. The average rain fall for this period of time in May is about 1/10 th inch.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration