Ford Factory-built Special Purpose Vehicles

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ford Factory-built Special Purpose Vehicles
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 07:47 pm:

On the original Show Us Your Doodlebug or Conversion Tractor thread last year, someone posted a picture of a T, resembling a doodlebug, that was built by Ford for Ford factory use (I have included a copy of that picture below). This weekend, I was looking through my copy of Ford Bryan's book on the Rouge and noticed pictures of three other purpose-built factory vehicles used by Ford: a '28/'29 Model AA with a radically shortened wheelbase and hard-rubber, tractor-style wheels being used as a Ford Factory lunch cart tug; a '32 BB with a chrome (!) radiator shell being used as a factory fire truck; a mid-30s V-8 truck of some type being used as a Ford Factory photography support vehicle. This got me wondering what one-off vehicles are surviving out that are legitimate Ford-built factory support cars/trucks? Any Ts? Pictures of specialized Ts built by Ford for factory use (like the one below) would also be interesting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 01:18 am:

Executive limo.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration