Calliope in the shop

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Calliope in the shop
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 09:49 pm:

This came into my shop today. Set up to look like a 1915, titled as a '15 with a drivetrain likely from the 20's. I have not found a body manufacturers plate anywhere. The chassis has not been run since 1991 likely the calliope has not also. Somewhere I read that a company in Iowa put these together. Can anyone offer any info or ideas on this? Thanks, Jeff P. / MN

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Benoit on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 10:52 pm:

Miner Manufacturing Company of Donnellson, Iowa

Web site here:

http://www.minercompany.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 10:53 pm:

Miner Mfg. Co. made the calliope units back in the 1980's and 1990's I think and they were in Fort Madison, IA. I met them on a T Tour in Fulton, MO way back in the 1980's I think. They are (were?) T guys and drove their T on the tour.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 09:18 am:

Thank You very much Keith and Andrew! The website has pictures with a body identical to the one here. I also recommissioned a popcorn wagon last summer that appears to be from the same company. I will be in contact with Miner and find as much history about these vehicles as I can.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 10:15 am:

I always wanted a working calliope unit...but my god...the prices... :0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Forrest W O'Keane on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 06:04 pm:

RAY THE FATHER AND DAVE THE SON DID THESE. THEY HAVE BOTH PASSED AWAY. DAVE HAD CANCER, HIS FATHER HAD HEART CONDITION. THEY WERE FROM FORT MADISON, IOWA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 09:26 am:

Jeff,

The MTFCA Museum is coveting that calliope .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 09:39 am:

Jeff, do you know if the logo is just for fun, or if this car was used as a promo item for the Jonathan Paddleford? I rode the boat a few times when I was a kid. It wouldn't surprise me if they had this car made up in the '80s to help sell tickets.

Ps. I bet those new coils will really help it sing. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 10:08 am:

Geez Eric, you brought back an old memory. I went for a little dinner cruise on the Jonathan Paddleford back around 1973. I was with my first ex-wife on a company function/dinner cruise. At any rate I think it was the Jonathon Paddleford. I remember it was a huge paddlewheel boat with two big stacks. I think it was running Diesel engines and we left from Stillwater and cruised the river for awhile.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration