Old Photo - Nightingale Hall Car Ferry South Carolina

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Nightingale Hall Car Ferry South Carolina
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 11:03 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 07:49 pm:

Is the guy on the right pulling the barge (ferry) across the river?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 08:31 pm:

Yep. Looks like it. Doesn't take much effort if your not in a hurry and the current is slow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 11:53 pm:

You can let your gym membership lapse after doing that all day. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 07:28 am:

Has anyone ever used a ferry like these with your antiques? I took my '59 Harley on one in the late 80's across the Flint River in GA. It was a motorized version with the engine pulling the cable around a pulley (Capstan?). They were building a bridge to take it's place. a Couple of months later, I took some friends with me to ride their bikes onto the ferry, and it was gone. I looked on line to see where some existing ones were and found one in Western AL. I may take an antique car over there sometime and get some pics.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration