Old Photo - Clayton New Mexico Downtown Street Scene

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Clayton New Mexico Downtown Street Scene
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 11:08 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 11:27 am:

Must be Saturday. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 10:09 pm:

I find it interesting to compare the more modern Model T Era downtown photo (top) to the older photo (bottom).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 09:31 am:

In the first picture, to the far left, the sign on the building says "Kilburn Furniture and Underta" with the last part of the word cut off. Could that say "Undertaker"?? Perhaps they made their own caskets to display along with the furniture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 09:41 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 09:42 am:

Yes, furniture/undertaking was a very common combination.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 10:03 am:

Steve, on one of the interstates leaving St Louis and heading west (I44 or I70, I think), there is a billboard advertising a furniture store and mortuary. I guess the family just kept on with what they had been doing 100 years earlier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 11:23 am:

I didn't know that, Steve. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 12:22 pm:

Jay,,you come up with the best pics. They are way before my time but I have been enjoying them very much,,,, Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 02:35 pm:

I'm with Scott.
It is great that folks take the time and effort to post such pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Adams on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 11:42 pm:

Ed,
If you are using Windows 7 use the Snipping tool to crop a picture only. (or part of a picture).

To make it more readily available
Click Start
Click All Programs
Click Accessories
Right click on Snipping tool and click 'Pin to Start menu'.

Gene

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration