Life Member

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Life Member
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 07:05 pm:

Just a question, Once and a while I read about a life member what do you do to become a life member?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 07:15 pm:

"You pays your money and takes your chances." At my advanced age,It is not a good bet,so I just pay as I go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 07:22 pm:

I here you Dads been a member in good standing for 48 years,with the same car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 07:31 pm:

Back in the late eighties I had more money than I had time to spent it, so I planned to go on every MTFCA National tour,so I joined as a Lifer,
Now I have LOTS of time but not the money. Life sucks and then you die....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 09:28 pm:

Nine years ago, I bought a Life Membership. At that time, I figured that if I lived 17 more years, I'd break even. (I wasn't young then, and am less young now.) :-)

But the price for MTFCA membership has risen since then, twice I think. So it's getting to be a better deal all the time. Plus, I enjoy the fact that I supported the MTFCA at a time when they needed some financial support (what worthwhile organization doesn't?), so I'm helping to perpetuate this organization which benefits all of us here.

Buy a Life Membership right away, since you're not getting any younger. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 09:34 pm:

P.S., Colin, to answer your original question, go to the MTFCA home page and click on the "Membership" link. Details are there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 01:39 am:

Life membership of the MTFC of Australia is a different thing altogether. Most clubs have a life membership scheme, be they bowls clubs, surf life savers, whatever. They are awarded to members who have rendered outstanding long term service to their club. It is an honour to receive such membership.

Just the same name for a completely different thing.
A bit like top, hood, bonnet, boot, mudguard.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 11:49 am:

Allan:

We typically call that an honorary life member.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 03:33 pm:

Like Tony, I had a bunch of money back in the '70s so I bought in. Now I'm more like uncle Jack in my 65 year old age.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 08:04 pm:

In the old days, one could put money in the bank and earn interest on it each year, perhaps 4 % was about average.

Life memberships were simple then, a group only had to calculate how much money would be required to earn the yearly membership dues cost and establish a life membership fee.

Now days, a life membership is more of an honorary recognition of someone who is interested enough in an organization to make a sizeable donation that will enable the group to continue to function.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration