Paying It Forward (Still)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Paying It Forward (Still)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach on Monday, January 05, 2015 - 10:15 pm:

Here are a couple of pics of the roadster body George has so generously offered us. Now if I could just get this old teleporter fired up we could zip it over! (Didn't know if there was a way to bump a thread from one year up to the next.)
Body1
Body2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 02:01 am:

Man, That is a really nice looking body and gas is getting cheaper every day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 02:53 pm:

Here is a link to the 2014 edition of this thread:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/490853.html?1420659642

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 03:56 pm:

Mebbe somebody could haul it to Chickasha for transfer to SoCalif?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 04:25 pm:

Ooops ! I answered this on the 2014 site. Mike, et al: I've committed to using 2 swap spaces of Dick Emery's in the south building and already plan on having an overloaded pickup. However, the above runabout body was going to be the 'anchor' of my for sale parts until Sean came up with a better use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 04:36 pm:

Ooops ! I answered this on the 2014 site. Mike, et al: I've committed to using 2 swap spaces of Dick Emery's in the south building and already plan on having an overloaded pickup. However, the above runabout body was going to be the 'anchor' of my for sale parts until Sean came up with a better use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 09:23 pm:

Can't believe I didn't just post the link to the 2014 site here. Sheesh - Teachers! Thanks Mark.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 10:57 pm:

I emailed George and told him I would pick up the body in chickasha and bring it to Huntington Beach. Now all that's needed is to get it to chickasha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 10:59 pm:

Thanks, Kim! It's all on you now, George. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 07:01 am:

Good for you, Kim, thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 12:11 pm:

George -- You could rent a small U-haul trailer to pull behind your overloaded truck. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 05:22 pm:

So George, Can we assume that you will be able to get the body to Chickasha or is your truck already too full and you have no more room on top?

Thanks Again for the wonderful donation to a super program!

Also THANKS to Kim for offering to haul it back here to the Left Coast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach on Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 07:23 pm:

And obviously, a very big thanks from all of us here at Kline for everyone's efforts. George and Kim are awesome!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 09:24 am:

OK, . . I think the logistics are now complete for those kiddos in Huntington Beach and their intrepid mentor. The 'go to guy' for Model T repair/restoration in all the Republic of Texas has agreed to transport the body from his shop to Chickasha, OK. Ross Lilleker of Lilleker Antique Auto Restoration will notify me, in early March, when to load his trailer with the roadster body. Thanks, Kim, for the larger movement into the sunset to the left coast. This Forum and Forum Friends are awesome!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 10:53 am:

It's time for some publicity. Gene and I know Chris Epting, a local writer for the Huntington Beach Independent, who loves this kind of story.

Sean, has your project received any previous publicity?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 11:04 am:

I love it when a plan comes together! :-) :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 01:52 pm:

RDR Just thinking about the Wheels section of the OC Register? Might make for some interesting reading?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration