Just found on CL fire truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Just found on CL fire truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 11:21 am:

I have no connection to this, just thought someone here might be interested...

http://battlecreek.craigslist.org/atq/4830636544.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 12:09 pm:

Does not look like a factory aftermarket firetruck body to me, just someone's creation of what they think a fire truck should look like. Depends on the mechanicals & the ad says "needs work" so. . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 01:20 pm:

My thinking is, sometimes accuracy isn't as important as representation, kind of like an amusement park ride.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 04:35 pm:

Well,there is always a chance a small town bought a chassis and a local wagon builder that was retired helped build the body for the town.I would say by that time wagon builders were getting old and had no work.
Still happens nowadays as our brush units are refurbished M37 Army trucks. I helped do some of the work on them as far getting ready for paint and setup.
If it was of more curiosity to me I would email the seller for more detailed photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 10:41 pm:

Looks like new tires and nice sheet metal. It could be transformed into any style of truck you desire. The rear fenders and splash aprons lend some credence to being a firetruck in its past.

Price is negotiable.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration