1914 Model T-BAY

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1914 Model T-BAY
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT J STEINER on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 04:08 pm:

check out this Model T with a painted shell.. see if this dealer knows anything about this T

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321634932415?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STR K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 04:18 pm:

I like it ! Lose the waterpump and explosion whistle and send the body to Ray Wells for the rear seat and doors. That goofy looking "cowl" I think was a period accessory. I'd sell it at Chickasha and use the money to buy the correct rear end halves. Then buy one of Regan's firewalls.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Dwyer in Troy, New York on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 05:04 pm:

Somebody needs to speak up for the underdog, but I like that goofy accessory cowl ! In fact when I first saw that car advertised a few weeks ago, I wished I could buy the car just to get the cowl. I think it's pretty neat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT J STEINER on Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 05:14 pm:

If it starts and runs down the road...enjoy it!!!! cars are meant to be driven not displayed like a coffee table in your living room.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 12:18 pm:

There is a touring around with one of those cowl things that used to come up to Maine for our fall tour - I did not like it at first, but it grows on you after a while...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 02:34 pm:

George - If the cowl is actually a "period accessory" I think I'd leave it. And why not leave it a touring "cutoff" as it seems to have a very nicely built pick-up box! It would be fun to have just "as is" if you also had a similar factory stock touring to compare it to. Fun to explain to folks how and why so many tourings were "cut off",.....not just to make a handy 'farmer's friend", but often done to qualify as a farm machine so as to qualify for more suitable gasoline rationing" during WW2. Just my thoughts,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 03:01 pm:

This T is in northern Minnesota. That is a MN pioneer plate on the T. 507 is a northern Mn area code.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda on Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 04:32 pm:

Okay so what type of dollar figure is this car worth? The location is 180 miles from me; south of Minneapolis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 06:12 pm:

Darel you got it backwards! 507 is southern mn, 218 is northern mn. the car is in mankato.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 06:30 pm:

Thank you, I should have known.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel(Indiana Trucks)Star City In on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 01:26 am:

The dealer is in Mankato and I have been to this place and seen some nice cars there. Don't know how much they know about a model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 01:53 am:

The car is listed on their internet web site for $11,900

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 07:55 pm:

Sold for $6,600. That seems like a pretty fair price, considering that it's got so many correct features.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 08:27 pm:

"Bidding has ended". May or may not have sold. I will be curious to see if it gets re-listed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 08:58 pm:

No, it didn't sell. "Reserve not met."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 09:54 pm:

Looks like the final bid was about half of the $12,900?

I think $6,600 is about what it is worth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 10:19 pm:

Steve,
I don't see "reserve not met" on the listing, just that bidding has ended. Did eBay get sneaky on this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 10:38 pm:

Eric,

Click on the "see original listing" just below the Title. It will go to the full listing description. It shows the "reserve not met".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 06:50 am:

Okay, got it. Thank you eBay, for the trickery!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration