Radiator Shell Screw

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Radiator Shell Screw
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 10:34 am:

I can't find a part number for the two radiator shell screws used on high radiators! I had a discussion with a VERY knowledgeable friend on these, and he says they are a #12-24 X 1/2 FH steel screw with the corresponding square nut. When I put mine together, I used a 1/4-20 screw, which worked just fine. I did however have to replace the incorrect bracket on my Brassworks radiator with and original Ford bracket. I know this is trivia, but some people like to know this stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 01:52 pm:

Larry, could you please post a picture of the bracket you removed, or e-mail me one. I was going to ask Brassworks if they sale them. I don't have either bracket on the radiator that I bought. Someone had removed them both, and I didn't realize it.

Thanks, Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 06:03 pm:

Radiator shell mounting bolt set
Item Number : 3947B
Year : 1917-1927
$.95 From Lang's.

Respectfully, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 11:40 am:

I'm unable to post a picture of the bracket you need. I can tell you for sure, the ones the Brassworks sells are junk, and they don't even bother to rivet them on. But so what, they must be removed anyhow to put the correct ones on. The original brackets were made so they could hold the square nut from turning while tightening the screw. You have to put your finger in the bracket to keep the nut from falling out. The original brackets have two tangs to keep the nut from turning.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration