Front spring clamp U-Bolts does anyone make them .??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Front spring clamp U-Bolts does anyone make them .??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 07:27 pm:

Im going to be in need of a pair of front spring clamp U-Bolts. The two U-Bolts that go from the bottom up thru the front engine mount. I can not find any in the catalogs. So are they not in reproduction.? I have several used ones, but the threads are always worn real bad on most of the originals I find. Im going to also post it to the classifieds, but thought I would see if anyone makes them ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 09:45 pm:

No, they are not being reproduced.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 11:17 pm:

You could carefully file off the bad threads and re thread them to a 1/2-20 thread. About 2-3 hours work and you would have a pair of good u- bolts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 09:22 am:

I just gave a pair to RV. Check ebay. You'll find them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 09:41 am:

They are fairly common. The older style 2 U-bolt front spring clamp shows up on ebay often.

These are items you find in a pile of parts on trailers at Swap meets.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration