This one is going to Argentina

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: This one is going to Argentina
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 02:43 am:

Got this one done today, thought it turned out pretty well considering what it looked like when I started.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 02:49 am:

Inside surfaces machined so the cap fits tight and doesn't leak.

The boss for the float valve is usually bad and won't seal unless it is resurfaced. Hard to see in this pic.

This is another one with a black iron bowl. Got it almost done, it still needs the throttle and choke shaft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 02:52 am:

Most time consuming part of this is getting everything cleaned up and spiffy, especially the brass bowls. They all have dents and marks on them and I wanted these two to look a little better since they are gifts and are going to Argentina. Should be done tomorrow. Next one is waiting. 1 am, bed time today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 02:54 am:

That's a mighty pretty G. Any suggestion on how to fix a broken (cast iron) G throttle lever, or should I just find another?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 10:57 am:

Thanks,

Just find another one. The cast iron G's are not too plentiful and there isn't much demand for them. The two arm choke lever in cast is hard to find and harder to find that isn't cracked or broken.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 11:32 am:

Stan & Steve,

I think these are for the 'G'. Let me know if they will work.

Be_Zero_Be

P.S. - Stan - That 'G' for Argentina is the original carb that came with my '16 Touring.

The three throttle levers in front are steel - the rest are bronze.

I have a few choke levers too - I believe most of these are NOS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 12:08 pm:

Cool! Bob, I was going to come see you when I was in Tacoma for Christmas but ended up wasting the day going to look at some carbs in Shelton that were supposedly for sale. Didn't know you had all this stuff, would have been more better than where we went. My email is stanhowemt@aol.com Let me know what you want for the parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 11:48 am:

Actually it is these two that are going now. Got the other one done last night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 02:20 pm:

Twin carbs of different Mothers :-).

Be_Zero_Be

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration