OT - Parts runner old school .....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Parts runner old school .....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 09:20 am:

Wednesday late afternoon ...

35 miles east of Cheyenne, WY along I-80 my vacuum pump seizes - taking out the serpentine belt on my F350 dually crew cab ...

Add to that - my heater hose t breaks apart spewing coolant everywhere ....

I limp into the Indian Truck Stop - order a vacuum pump - ponder my next move ....

Dinner of curry chicken - good night sleep in the truck & a morning shower at the truck stop ...

On board - a 1922 Studebaker ..... :-)

Top down - off to town we go to make (5) stops
to get parts ..... :-) :-)

Waving all the way - a lot of thumbs up !

The warmest temperature in a few weeks of 40 degrees made the day quite enjoyable & working on the truck not bad at all ....

Back on the road Thursday late afternoon ....

Thank You Mr. Studebaker ..... :-) :-) :-) :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 09:38 am:

Very resourceful and a great story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 12:17 pm:

How fast did you have to go to keep it up on that bank?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Whitaker on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 03:20 pm:

I had my T here once in College Station (normally I keep it at the museum) and was going to drive the Hyundai somewhere, only to find out that the battery had died completely, to the point where recharging it was not possible.

The T was running fine, so I it drove out to the auto parts store to pick up a new battery!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 08:24 pm:

Always good to have a reliable spare when the modern one quits.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 08:42 pm:

I'd like to see more pics of the Studie. Some of them were very attractive cars. I had a pal that had a Big Six touring that had a leather U-joint. It seemed to work fine.

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 08:45 pm:

We were headed to Chickasha several years ago. The fuel pump died in my friend vehicle we were towing a trailer with a 1927 tudor on it. No cell phones so we just unloaded the T and drove to the next town called for a tow to the nearest dealer and then back to the broken down vehicle. Loaded up the T and waited for the tow truck...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 09:07 pm:

Can't always get the picture to load right side up ....

I cruised at a steady 35 m.p.h.

Freighter Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration