OT White gas

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT White gas
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 01:08 pm:

Has anyone used Coleman fuel for mixing two cycle fuel? I have thirty eight gallons to send down the road or put it to use.

Winter gas eats fuel lines and carb parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 02:47 pm:

Aint used it in 2 cycle but I use it in a 50-50 mix with 92 octane non ethanol fuel for my antique engines i display and store over the winter. Not supposed to gum up the carb.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 02:48 pm:

Burn it in your T, it's nothing but unleaded gas with no additives. Same stuff Amoco used to sell as white gas. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 07:23 pm:

I would burn it once in a while in my 4HP outboard motor when I was a kid. All I can really remember about it is it ran really hot compared to regular gas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 09:28 pm:

I have several Coleman products that will burn unleaded gas or Coleman fuel. I have never tried to burn it in a T but it should work. IIRC from looking up the MSDS on Coleman fuel years ago it is Naphtha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 10:55 pm:

I remember running out of gas one time returning from a hunting trip with Dad. I was in my mid teens at the time. We had a gallon of Coleman stove gas so pored it into the tank. The 67 Chevy 350 pinged when you stepped on the gas, but we made it the last few miles home. Since the Model T was made for a lower octane gas than we now have, they will probably run on it. My only concern is that it may be a little dry, so a little MMO or 2 cycle oil should help with lubricating the Pistons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 09:58 am:

If I had 38 gal of white gas I would be selling it! Have you checked the price of Colman fuel? I also have heard that it's "DRY" so would add a lube such as MMO or even diesel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 10:44 am:

Think your right Mark! Next summer the tourists will be needing a bunch.
I over bought at a estate sale but it was part of about twenty gallons of new oil from a diesel mechanic who past. Probably should have taken gallons of MMO left there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 10:50 am:

In order to be politically correct please refer to the gas as "Caucasian Gas" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Kahler- Springfield, MO on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 02:13 am:

I thought it was "Honkey Gas"!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 07:47 am:

I used to burn it straight in my hit and miss engines, as it never goes bad. That was back when it was like $4 a gallon. Nowadays, I don't know if you can even get it in gallons. Last time I looked for any, I could only find it in quarts and those were ridiculously high in price. Seems like they were $4-$6.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 09:31 am:

Freddy has it for about 12.00 a gallon. I bought for about 3.00 a gallon. The oil is all high end for 5.00 a gallon. Plenty of consumables for the next few years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 10:05 am:

Driving a Renault R-10 north of Flagstaff I ran out of gas. Put in a gallon of Coleman fuel and drove on to Cameron Junction. When I stopped in the Standard station there to fill up the car didn't want to quit. I had to put it in gear and let out the clutch to kill it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince M on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 04:56 pm:

Cracker Fuel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 07:28 pm:

White gas (Naptha) was also used by many municipalities and fire departments in all their small engines. The fuel had a long shelf life and it was ideal for the small low speed engines where detonation was not an issue. It should run fine in a low speed T Ford except where the engine is required to lug excessively then it may detonate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 11:45 am:

could use it for solvent also

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 12:44 pm:

Very dangerous John----its gas! A friend spent a month in the hospital this summer when putting gas in a lawn mower. Another story near Sisters Oregon two folks were killed when they put gas on a barbeque that would not start.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration