OT: Is harbor freight electric winch any good?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT: Is harbor freight electric winch any good?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 05:16 pm:

OT: Is harbor freight electric winch any good?

There is a 2500lb winch for $50 tomorrow. This is for the touring.

But if we ever use it for other modern cars. What relatively safe winch poundage strength is good for the average car winch?

I will be buying my first trailer tomorrow, It is a 16' open trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 01:08 am:

I've got one. It pulls my 27 coupe on my trailer with ease.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 05:12 am:

I also bought one and gave it a try and it worked just fine so I bought a second one to mount on my open car hauler. I had good reviews but time will tell. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 06:03 am:

I would like nothing better to bash the chinese junk that comes from HF but in this case they seem to have slipped in a good product. I bought one for my open car trailer ten years ago. It sits 24/7 in all weather mounted to my trailer and still works like it should. Iv pulled some very heavy loads onto my trailer and its never failed to do what I ask it to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 06:39 am:

I bought the 12000 winch from them and it is a brute. I had to rescue my daughter in laws suburban and it pulled it up steep ramps like it was reeling in an empty cable. I would think the 6000 lb would be enough for future needs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 08:04 am:

The HF Badland series of winches get rave reviews in a lot of 4x4 magazines.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration