What years is this hood former for.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What years is this hood former for.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 08:56 pm:

I have a hood former I need to sell, but unsure of the year. It has had the bottom passenger side (right) corner cut at an angle. Trying to sell a bunch of extra stuff to fund the Chickasha trip :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 09:28 pm:

I forgot the photo and Im pretty sure it is 15-16 but want to make sure

hf

hf 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 09:54 pm:

You are correct in your assumption !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 09:56 pm:

Yes, '15-16. Should be worth $30-40 in that condition

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 10:19 pm:

or a $100 on ebay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 10:19 pm:

Actually Eric,I think it will bring $75-100.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 10:38 pm:

Most of my stuff goes on e-bay with a low start price and sometimes it just blows my mind what it brings. Sometimes it goes cheap but other times high. But all theses little items Ill never use, add up to a very nice Chickasha trip .:-) :-) Jack I think you are the closest .. I usually list auctions all week long to start and end on Sunday... Makes it easier to keep up with them if they all end the same day ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 11:07 pm:

I bought mine at the Spakane swap meet in 1998 for $50.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 11:07 pm:

This modification, is it common? I have one that looks like it's had the same cut.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 11:34 pm:

I paid about $50 for one in lots worse condition than that one. I will either use it on a '15 speedster (if I can straighten it enough), or cut it down for an earlier hood former.
Yours would be an easy repair. Most of the ones I have seen had the same angle cut on both sides.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, January 09, 2015 - 11:36 pm:

I wish the hood hinge hole was that nice on mine!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 09:36 am:

Any idea why it was cut that way. ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 10:17 am:

Probably to be able to slip the crankcase ear past it without having to raise up the body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 10:05 pm:

Usually when the lower edges are cut off that's signs of an engine removal from the car this was on, I guess that was easier than getting under them and taking the body bolts out to jack up the body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 11:32 pm:

Sorry for the bad advice on the price. I guess I'll have to raise the asking price for my spare one which has not been cut up. I've clearly undervalued it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration