OT for our Australian friends,Cardway car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT for our Australian friends,Cardway car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 02:09 am:

Years ago a friend in our area car club owned a 1923 Cardway touring car.It was built in New York City & exported to Australia.My friend(now deceased) worked for Timken Bearing in Australia & brought the Cardway back here to Ontario,when he retired.Cardway didn't build a lot of these cars,but they were all right hand drive and had 6 cylinder Continental engines.
Are there any surviving Cardway cars in Australia now ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 02:56 am:

Not much about the Cardway, some info posted on the net in 2012, right or wrong?, who knows, 6 built and stated that only 1 RHD built and went to Australia and as you say was shipped back to the USA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 10:04 am:

Hi Frank,
It depends which reference book you use.One says 5-6 cars built,with one being right hand drive.Another says 6 built all right hand drive & exported to Australia.My late friend said that at least 6 where built(maybe more) with right hand drive & all exported to Australia.When Byron returned to Canton,Ohio,he brought the car with him.He retired to Ontario,Canada and the car is still here,and now for sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 09:52 pm:

Wasn't there one on eBad just a few weeks ago? Or maybe I am crazy. It was something like that I had never heard of.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration