Magic tank fuel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Magic tank fuel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold Wellens on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 10:53 am:

Has anyone tried MAGIC TANK Emergency Fuel?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 11:27 am:

Pretty pricey stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 12:40 pm:

Sounds like a product made for people with more money than sense--Nearly $50 a gallon. It's sold in half gallon jugs. Couldn't find a MSDS on it but it's probably some mix of vegetable oil and a glycerol. The instructions state that you MUST pour it in the tank while the engine is hot and drive immediately to a gas station, fill then run the car. Letting the engine cool with it in the tank or fuel line results in a dead car so it must have a high flash point (unlike gasoline).

Personally, I'd walk to a gas station before spending $50 a gallon for stupid. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 12:56 pm:

After reading some of the on-line info I get the impression it just displaces any remaining fuel in the tank so it can get to the motor. In a 10 gal. tank it might get you somewhere but in a larger tank like my pickup (18 gal) that little 1/2 gal jug would hardly be a burp. Flash point is 105.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 04:27 pm:

Emergency fuel for me is a 5 gallon can of gas. Costs no more then regular gas. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration