Old Photo - Hard Rubber Tires

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Hard Rubber Tires
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 12:29 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 12:42 pm:

Some people got sick of fixing flats, I guess ? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 01:06 pm:

I am a tad surprised to see non-pneumatic tires on a car instead of the more often seen use on a truck, and even more so in an urban setting. The number on the side of the car in the foreground suggest fleet use.
I suppose the elimination of the possibility of flats and the resultant loss of time would be a benefit to driver and customer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza, north adams ma on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 02:33 pm:

I still find them on chassis converted to hay wagons

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 07:53 pm:

I think one of the best uses for those would be on a tug type conversion tractor or "doodlebug!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 01:19 am:

I actually have one of those solid rubber spare tires that came with my barn fresh original 1913 Reo roadster. Although it is a 25" tire on a demountable rim. I have tried to figure out how they installed the solid tire on the rim and have no idea.

My only thought was it was warm and plyable when it was mounted. Today its harder than a dead carp.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 02:35 am:

Try fixing this flat tire!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration