Gas line ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Gas line ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Wheeler on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

Can you use a compression sleeve on the gas line instead of the felt,using the original nut, on a 25 tt, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 07:30 pm:

Use a piece of gas line for the felt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 07:35 pm:

Yes, a little piece of rubber hose of the right dimension seals better than felt. Ok, with some soap the felt may work good too, Ford used it on 15 millions so it can't be all bad ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 07:41 pm:

I've never had the felt leak, but sometimes I use an O-ring instead. Both seem to work just fine. I wouldn't use a metal compression sleeve on it; it would put extra stress in that one place and could lead to a broken line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Wheeler on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 07:49 pm:

Thanks for the input Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 09:27 pm:

Dan, in my experience, 5/16" rubber fuel line is too thick to go in the T packnut. I cut a 1/4" long piece of rubber line and then carefully remove the outer layer. The inner section will fit in the packnut.
Hope this helps.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 09:37 pm:

Dan,
I've used a compression fitting on my gas line
on my 5 ball carb on my 1911 for years. No leaking
yet.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration