Chicasha swap meet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Chicasha swap meet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rick howerton on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 09:09 pm:

I`m all signed up and ready to go. I`ve never had a spot befor. I`ve only been afew times in the past. Any pointers on when to go, and when to leave. How about the dos and don'ts. I don`t want to step on anyone`s toes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 09:19 pm:

Show up Wednesday,leave Friday evening. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 10:26 pm:

Rick, Wednesday is set up day. They let us in the gates about 8 or 9 in the morning to start lining up. Then at 4:00 they let us in the swap meet area to set up. Lots of dealing and good buys going on Wednesday during the line up time. Thur is the main day and then Friday is roll up and go home day. It would really help the swap meet if the vendors could stay as late as they can on Friday before going home. I try to start loading around noon (mostly the camping stuff and stuff I bought)and then leave at 4:00 or later if I can. We leave the for sale stuff out as long as we can. Do you have inside or outside spaces. What are your space numbers. If you plan on camping on your spaces and are in one of the buildings, there is electric available and there are bathrooms and showers for everyone. The line gets a little long for the shower in the evening. I like to stay at our spaces and we use air matresses and electric blankets. We also take a microwave to heat up our meals with. The pic is of our spaces last year. At Chickasha the weather can be anything... There are two seasons at Chickasha "dust" and "mud" if its cold enough your "mud" can be frozen..:-)

space

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rick howerton on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 11:03 pm:

Mine is outside. I have a campervan that I`m going to camp in. I`m going to bring my smoker to cook with, or is that a no no? My spot is in the center of the buildings. Might not be a good Idea. BETTER EAT FROM THE CANTEEN.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 11:08 pm:

Actually there is 3 seasons at Chickasha. Donnie forgot "dust with high winds".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 12:50 am:

I thought they outlawed dustin Oklahoma .... Some sort of bad problem they had years ago ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 01:01 am:

There are several of us who sleep in the south building because the price is right. Come prepared for any kind of weather, because in March any kind is possible. I enjoy dining out when traveling. A couple of places I like in Chickasha are Tamascal and New China.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 07:18 am:

Anyone going to Chickasha who would be willing to look for a set or a pair of decent Corcoran side lamps for me? There's no way I could make it myself, and I've been on the hunt for a nice set for some time now - apparently they are hard to come by. If someone would be willing to keep an eye out for me at Chickasha, I'd be willing to pay a reasonable finders fee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 11:35 am:

I any hearing stories about some construction at Chickasha that may change the Wednesday parking before they let us into the grounds???
I understand that there will be some updates a little before the actual swap meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 11:50 am:

Bill, your lamps may be there. I haven't studied those, so my ignorance on the subject is vast. Give me detailed instructions, with pictures if possible, and I'll watch for them.

Yes, there was going to be some construction happening in the pre-meet parking area, but supposed to be over by March.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 12:48 pm:

I had talked with Susie Ersland awhile back. She informed me the line up area is a construction site. It was too early for her to have an idea of how far along the new rodeo arena will be by then. She said when she mails out the stickers in early March she should know by then what we will be doing. I asked her if worse case would be show up at four and drive in then. She said yes, but hoped the construction would be out of the way before the swap meet. Its just too early to say what the parking will be. If I was to guess(only a guess) that if the parking area is not useable we all will start to "pile up" on the railroad parking lot and side road till 4:00. The city will have a heart attack but by the time they get the mess figured out it will be 4:00 :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 12:54 pm:

Bill. I will be glad to look for you. (No promises as to finding them) Send me some pics and info of how to figure what to look for. I will be able to take photos for you, call you on the cell phone and let you talk to the owners, ect. But I can not send photos till I get home. I also have no extra funds, so you would have to be dealing for them with the owner. Ill also get names and address for you. If nothing else, you may be able to purchase them later...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 01:33 pm:

Boy, I am always amazed at the helpful nature of all you T guys! I can't tell you how many times I've gotten excellent, helpful information and tips on T related topics, and thanks for the offers to look for a set of Corcoran's. However, I just received a call today from a fellow T guy in Toledo, Ohio who has a really nice set of Corcorans he's willing to trade for my Jno. Brown lamps so I won't be needing any extra eyes looking for me at Chickasha! But really, thanks for the offers of help - you guy's are amazing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 01:35 pm:

Attending Chickasha is on my bucket list....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 05:29 pm:

Bill: Since Chickasha is so far, try the new Pre War meet in VA this May. Lot closer. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry LaPatka on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 05:46 pm:

Steve or anyone else....Whose booth is that with all of the brass lights, anybody know their name and contact number for them? Appreciate your help.
Thanks for the help.
Larry LaPatka

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 06:27 pm:

Larry,that is Leo Meadow's booth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 06:54 pm:

Bill-Sure makes us miss the HCCA Keene meet of a few years ago, huh?

Don't forget about the pre-war meet as part of the HCCA Brass in Berks tour in Morgantown, PA on May 17.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 06:54 pm:

It used to be Don Meadows. Is Leo a relative?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 07:00 pm:

Hi Chris,

Ayuh, that was real nice and only about four miles from my house.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 08:26 pm:

That is Don Meadows booth. I don't think he was at Chickasha last year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 09:49 pm:

No he wasn't. I heard he had some health issues. Hopefully he'll be back this time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 09:51 pm:

Robbie -- If you're going to Chickasha, get in touch. You have my cell phone number, I believe. If not, it's in several current Classified ads here on the MTFCA site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 12:22 am:

When I was in Chickasha in 2010, we had what some could call a cool summerday friday afternoon (last day) and we woke up saturday morning to a regular snow blizzard.
Your milage may vary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 05:58 am:

Mike, will do.
I came through Nashville over the weekend and would have dropped in on Don but time didn't allow.
Michael,
I do remember that Saturday morning. I woke up late and there was snow on the ground, stopped to fill up and ice was blowing sideways right in my ear drum. I finally got in front of the winter storm as I went into Arkansas. Then it was sunny skies all the way back to Tennessee.
I have Family in Lawton and they said they got several inches of accumulation. Glad I got out of there when I did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 10:46 am:

The "Blizzard" event has got me twice. In 2010 and back in the late 80s. Both times just barely made it back to Arkansas. The time in the 80s I was pulling a trailer with a T on it and the car hauler was full(probably overloaded). By the time I got to the Arkansas border you could not tell the T was a T. It was a solid block of ice. The truck and trailer were solid ice all the way to the ground. Both times the day before was a nice day. The last couple years has been nice, but I would be prepared for anything.

(Message edited by dobro1956 on January 12, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry LaPatka on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 10:50 am:

Can anyone give me the contact info for Leo and /or Don Meadows?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 12:42 pm:

For some supportive pictures from 2010-Friday:
On my way from OKC to Chickasha:

And then saturday morning: View from hotel room window:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 10:25 pm:

Looks kind of like the view from my bedroom window all winter. Good weather or bad, I'm happy to be returning to Chickasha this year. I've got a pickup load of spare stuff to unload and I'm thinking that I'll have a few dozen coils rebuilt and ready to go by then. Bring your cores or buy them outright.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 02:30 am:

Steve Jelf knows all the good places to eat !
Can't go wrong with his suggestions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 01:33 pm:

George, food is on the bottom of my list. I will have most of my meals on the grounds from the venders and maybe do a short walk across the tracks to a small dinner about 3 blocks away for an evening meal or two????
Oh! there is also a bar for a possible drink or two.
Hope I will be able to park my covered trailer/hotel on wheels close to the grounds.
With free showers and rest rooms, what more would one want. Women?? That can wait till I get home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 02:15 pm:

Willie, Tamascal is two blocks away, just on the other side of the old Rock Island station. Corner of Second & Choctaw, west end of the bridge. Good eats. You're likely to see other forum folks there.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration