Late fan on early T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Late fan on early T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 11:59 am:

Has anyone had luck putting a late fan on a T with brass radiator using the short arm
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 01:05 pm:

Robert;
I just tried that. The early fan that is riveted to the housing is smaller at the outside diameter of the blades and the blades are closer to the radiator. When I tried the later style fan and hub, the fan blade hit the crank dog or would have hit the hose, not much movement allowed in between. It might have worked with one of the longer nosed hubs and trimmed down blades. If you trim the blades you should balance it when done. The other thing I noticed, the newer aluminum hub if using the standard issue type, the fan sits back more from the radiator which in it self may have been causing the interference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JD, Wichita, KS on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 11:12 pm:

How many different arms are there?
Anyone have a picture showing the difference?
Or measurements?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 10:17 am:

3 - 2 curved with the earliest one having the small "nob" for the fan adjustment spring, then the "standard" curved arm then the straight arm used through '25.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration