Two lever model t at auction

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Two lever model t at auction
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza, north adams ma on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 04:19 pm:

Any one know more about this car?
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Catalog/RonPratteCollection-Vehicles/#p=119

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza, north adams ma on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 04:21 pm:

also this
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Catalog/RonPratteCollection-Vehicles/#p=106
and this
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Catalog/RonPratteCollection-Vehicles/#p=144

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 04:56 pm:

I do know that he only has the best over the top restorations in his collection. It will sell for a fortune.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 06:37 pm:

Whatta ya think?? $175+ That's what I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 06:51 pm:

Over-the-top restoration + earliest known Model T + Barrett-Jackson venue = MEGABUCKS!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 08:17 pm:

What's up with the model year? You'd think that these guy's knew better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Branigan on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 08:42 pm:

I believe that was one of the cars from the John Woodhead collection on sept 18th 2004 the 1908 sold for 95K the 1903 130K and 1909 T racer 45K plus there was a 10% buyers premium. I was there and bid on the 08 and stopped just shy of it selling If I would of kept going I would not of had a chance against Mr. Pratte. It will be interesting to see what they go for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 01:25 am:

Not to be critical about the car, but shouldn't both levers be brass plated? And shouldn't the spark plug connections come out of the back of the coilbox? I that this box was for NRS use only.
And didn't the early 2 lever cars have side lamps really tall with three chimney tiers ?

Maybe the restoration is "over the top" but I question the accuracy. It makes me wonder how much of this car is was built in 1908 and how much of it is reproduction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 02:52 am:

Does anyone know the history of #90?
In this thread there was a rumour about a repro block: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/228833.html?1314507009

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 03:15 am:

Here are the photos. Apart from the things Keith mentioned, it also has a later hood and should have the rear door handles mounted lower on the door.

Andrew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 09:04 am:

I really like the brass trim on the edge of the running board. That looks very nice. Also like the speedo - I think the sweeping needle style is my favorite.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Bracknell United Kingdom on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 10:11 am:

What about the 'No 2' car that Don Hess sold to Robin Brock in Scotland? How does that compare for authenticity? Which is really earlier?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 10:28 am:

Maybe this one was built/restored during the 80's while the "#2" car was built during the 90's, so this one is earlier ;)

(regarding percentage of early parts in either, I have no idea..)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 10:47 am:

Before I spent a load of money on a 2 lever T, I'd spend some time researching the car. There are a lot of cars with repo blocks, and other components out there. As with any car at auction, it's buyer beware.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 12:52 pm:

Those T's are part of the Ron Pratte collection that will be auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson tomorrow (1-23-15). His entire collection (estimates between 50-100 million worth) is being sold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 08:22 pm:

Looks like several of Ron Pratte's early Fords came from the John Woodhead collection in MN.

http://fordlegacymn.com/woodhead-ford/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza, north adams ma on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 08:24 pm:

Sold for 110000 would still love to know the history of the car. Also hope it gets some miles under it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 08:24 pm:

Serial #90 just sold for $110K

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 08:26 pm:

Well, I know what we're all watching in the Bay State tonight!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 08:48 pm:

'15 speedster sells for $100K. Detroit body, Livingston radiator. Commentators know little about Ts, getting bad info or both.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration