Visit to the Edison and Ford Winter Estates

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Visit to the Edison and Ford Winter Estates
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 05:28 pm:

Visited the Edison and Ford Winter Estates recently. Nice display of Model T history including the TT Edison and Ford used on their camping excursions.

Camping TT1

Got to meet Henry and had a productive conversation about future ignition options.

Meeting with HF

Then went to a very appropriate restaurant, The Ford Garage in down town Fort Myers. Interesting place. The center of the Bar is a lift with a 1927 Touring on it (they thought it was a 1929...) Every once an a while, the bar tender blows the horn and smoke comes out the exhaust pipe.

Bar T

The napkins are shop rags with hose clamp keeper.

Napkins

Even the men's room was automotive themed.

Sinks

The food was fantastic and every burger gets branded with a pseudo Ford logo. I commented to the manager that their royalty payments to Ford must be quite an expense but he said funny I should mention that, they just got through a lengthy visit with Ford legal. Turns out Ford really liked the idea, quality of food and they made an arrangement to bring the chain national so hopefully you may soon be able to visit The Ford's Garage near you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Spittler on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 05:32 pm:

Neat. Thanks for sharing Mike. I like the etimer touch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 05:35 pm:

Nice Mike ! Love your photo with Henry with the appropriate signage.

Who was "the sweetie" off your shoulder giving someone the "thumbs up" ? I'm just assuming your wife was on the other side of the camera ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 05:45 pm:

Here are a few more photos of the 1918 Chuck Wagon at the Edison/Ford Winter Estates Museum.

Chuck wagon rear

Chuck wagon text1

chuck wagon text2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 05:50 pm:

The only thing that was a little discouraging about the visit to Ford's Garage was the fact the 1927 Touring on permanent display on the lift in the center of the bar is in much better shape than my 1927 Touring that's still on the road! :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 08:37 pm:

Thanks for sharing pictures and your experience at the Ford Garage... those Model T's are still chick magnets !! That "chuck wagon" is a great addition display with even greater history. Enjoyed reading the display placards. Thanks !!! .... if ever I get to visit family in Florida, the estate will be on my list to visit.

Bob Jablonski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 08:53 pm:

The car over the bar must be a mix of parts. Looks like 26-27 wheels with brakes on the front and Model A wheels on the rear.

An interesting place.
Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration