Old Photo - Model T Era, Seaside Oregon, Busy Street Scene

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Model T Era, Seaside Oregon, Busy Street Scene
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 08:05 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 09:37 pm:

looking hard I found one motorcycle :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 09:42 pm:

And we think our streets are crowded today! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 09:58 pm:

We go there from time to time. During "the season" it hasn't changed much except that the cars are newer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 10:00 pm:

That can't be Oregon, Its not raining!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 01:03 am:

In a modern car its a 1hr 40 min drive from Portland. Wonder what is was then, especially with dirt road going over the coast range? Don.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 06:52 am:

Where's the sea ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 08:51 am:

Tom...this is like "where's Waldo"!! I think I see that bike way toward the back. Man what a crowd!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 10:03 am:

Looks like the Hood to coast run without the runners there yet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 11:26 am:

They're all going to a Drive-in theater where they will see live U. of Oregon beat Ohio State tonight!

GO DUCKS!

Me: born and raised in Oregon. Worked one summer on the ranch that became Autzen Stadium. Couldn't support myself and attend either UO or OSC, so moved to Sandy Eggo, and attended San Diego State, then the National Univ of Mexico. Grad from U of Ill. But that's OT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 12:46 pm:

Someone in the traffic lanes was looking for a car to pull out so they could park. You will notice about a block ahead there is no traffic.

The sea is there, just not in the direction the camera was pointing. I would say it was a sunny day, because of the brightness and the way the shadows fall it was near noon. Maybe they were looking for a place to have lunch. No one seems to be wearing bathing suits. That large building has tables with table cloths on them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 01:17 pm:

3rd car back in the oncoming lane: is it a speedster or just a very small roadster of some other make?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 01:23 pm:

Might have to go to the watering hole and take a cab home with that game.

Bet the DUI arrests go way up!

Seaside is ten miles south, I am there often. What the picture does not show is a deer or some times an elk wandering around. You better have good brakes on your T.

Some of the buildings are gone replaced with mostly tourist trade buildings, if I understand where it was taken the far right is a bridge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 06:05 pm:

We will see Ralph! Go Buckeyes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 06:43 pm:

A thousand feet from home I had to stop in a 45 MPH two lane to let about fifty head of elk cross in front of me! The last 10 head were bulls following the cows. There is elk crap all over my back yard today! No wonder my yappers are wakening me up at O dark thirty. OK Dennis one of us has to bow down----we shall see!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 09:52 pm:

Paul,
About thirty years ago, my wife and I followed a cattle herd for about a quarter mile. With our open wheel speedster. She still mentions it occasionally.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration