Old Photo - They Say Her Mom And Dad Met At A Ozark Family Reunion

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - They Say Her Mom And Dad Met At A Ozark Family Reunion
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 11:42 am:

The back of her dress says "PILLSBURY" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 12:34 pm:

I would say they are correct!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 12:36 pm:

Look at how nice and straight the top is, and it also has the rain deflector above the windshield.

I wonder how the hood looks after those two got off?

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 12:42 pm:

The hood does look a bit compressed. I had one of those rain deflectors sewn on my top, Dosent work.At speed it just blows into the car leaving a nice open space for me to take shower.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 01:03 pm:

Will I put 3 Murphy fasteners into the windshield frame and the rain deflector and it works perfectly as long as you remember to unfasten them before you put the top down. I got tired of water dripping down into the coil box and that did the trick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 01:13 pm:

Val, I considered that, Not sure if I want to drill holes into my windshield frame. Iv been trying to come up with a way that does not include drilling. All the glues I've seen wont hold up to the stress. But it may come to that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 01:25 pm:

Hey Will - what if you had some black parachute cord and ran it through the seam of the rain deflector: then have it exit either side near the edge of the windshield and use some hooks on the end to hook it to the windshield hinge? With black cord and brass hooks it would be very inconspicuous but would let you keep the deflector pulled down nicely and would not require modding anything in a permanent way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 01:26 pm:

Sorry, just checked your profile and saw you have a '19. So black cord and black hooks, even more inconspicuous.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 01:35 pm:

Have not seen that picture in years, thought all copies were gone. Aunt Grace and cousin Rachel. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 03:18 pm:

Will: I have been using 3M double stick tape #4910 to stick various parts of my 14 together. (Tail lights mounted under the rear fenders and strobes low on either side of the body) You might try some of this to hold the flap to the windshield.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 06:02 pm:

When you guys are done with the young ladies, who by the way may be someone's grandmother, did you notice the tractor in the back by the shed? The wheels look like the paddle type.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 06:51 pm:

Will, years ago I found a windshield that had holes in it up there and threaded a brass screw in the holes and cut off the head and silver soldered over it. The result was that I could not find the place where the holes were originally and that is why I was not concerned about drilling holes in my windshield. I try not to do anything that can't be undone. I modified what was already there but if I was doing a top from the start I would just stitch a rigid piece in the rain deflector which should prevent it from blowing in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 06:54 pm:

If you sew a steel rod or flat piece of steel inside the windbreaker flap, on the lower edge, it will stay in place. No need to drill into the windshield. You might find the material is in two layers and you will only need to open one end to slide the rod in place.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard e moore on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 07:19 pm:

What's up with that leg?REM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 07:44 pm:

I think the leg was bruised by the same horse that kicked her in the face. She's going to stick with cars instead from now on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 11:19 pm:

I have period nickel plated clips that were offered for windshield flaps.

This clip goes over the round wind shield and is attached to the top flap. As this clip is actually spring steel it holds tightly to the windshield even at speed. A very nifty accessory, and no holes need be drilled..

just sayin,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 11:33 pm:

Looks to me like they were located a bit west of Arkansas. I think I saw them on pier 39 while visiting the Barbary Coast of San Fran. LOL

(Message edited by paulmikeska on January 12, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike dixon on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 07:35 am:

better watch out, we might make dennis mad, then he will cry. I know the whole family, their name is Gump. That bruise is from dogs jumping on her. Her mom had to tie a pork chop around er neck to get the dogs to play with her.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 11:24 am:

We need to be more respectful of the people we see in the pictures posted. Those people are someone's family. Maybe even the family of someone on the forum. How would you like it if someone made remarks about your mother or grandmother?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 01:01 pm:

Mike, I won't cry. I'm just so lonely that she is starting to look good.

Norm, You are right this could be someone's mother. And if she is I'll bet that's why paper bags were invented.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 01:06 pm:

Dennis, Thats enough.Try and be an adult.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 01:12 pm:

Gee Will, Why didn't you scold all the other children too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 01:44 pm:

My mother was born in 1917 and her father died of cancer when she and her two sisters were in elementary school. The made clothing from feed sacks for many years. Maybe that is why it pains me to see people make fun of the misfortune of others. I won't cry, but I will think less of those who find humor in this sort of thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 02:05 pm:

John, many of my kin went to Arkansas and Oklahoma years ago and we sort of lost track. You never know where pictures will show up. Not all our relatives are good looking but still kin. My mother made shirts for us from flour sacks and were a nice as any around, she was a good seamstress and made do with what she had. I am a Tennessee hillbilly and proud of it and know how to get by if I have to. Sometimes a rough crowd here. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 02:22 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 02:26 pm:

Something to be said about potato sacks too.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 02:44 pm:

Oh great. Now someone else's grandmother is going to get commented on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 02:45 pm:

Jay, Now I know why I like potatoes so much. There is no limit as to what you can do with them, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 04:16 pm:

Jay, you must have a shovel near your computer, you seem to be able to dig up more photos than most of us!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 06:57 pm:

I have ancestors that came from Tennessee hills country. You should see some of the photos of my ancestors. These are people I am proud to be related to.
And I don't know about Jay digging more potatoes (I know, Clayton, you said "photos") with his shovel. But he sure can dig up better potatoes with it.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 01:02 am:

Getting all butt-hurt cuz some of our ancestors were rather unfortunate looking
does nothing to change the fact that they were unfortunate looking. The poor girl
might have had a heart of gold, but that doesn't change her prospects for getting
a date to the prom. Frankly, I prefer the honest approach. The poor girl got the
short end of the stick in the looks department. So what ? I ain't no unicorn either !

That's just life. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 07:30 am:

Those were hard times and they may not have had much. You guys might be surprised what a little make-up and some nicer clothes might do for her. Add to that, her heart of gold, and she probably made someone a good wife.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rex Pyles on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 07:43 am:

What brand is the other car in the pic?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike dixon on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 07:53 am:

whoa, im waitin for that potato sack to blow up, And Will, you need to get off Dennis back, he has feelings to. HERES MY DECISION: Will, stand in the corner for 30 min. and go write,"I wont be a Jerk" on the blackboard 100 times. Dennis,you go with me, we are forced to hang anound under the stairwell watching the girls walk up the stairs, maybe we will see forrest and his sister.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 12:57 pm:

I have been enjoying this discussion. I think the other car looks like a Studebaker. Maybe 1923. Maybe not.

It seems to me I have seen that some of our Drop Dead Gorgeous Celebrities have old photos of themselves that aren't any more flattering that these two young ladies.

Whatever the hard times they did have a Ford with a starter and shocks.

Thanks for mentioning POTATOES!!!

Rich, Ida Fls, IDAHO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 03:36 pm:

Looks (and good health) are temporary.

For those that have them, my sincere hope that you enjoy them.

LIZ

Anita

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 04:00 pm:

OH great, you had to post those pictures just before dinner didn't you Dave!

Don't worry Will I'll get back into my corner next to Mike but I'm still not going to write on the blackboard 100 times!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 04:04 pm:

Marylin looks great in the sack (rimshot!) but her pictures before she was "discovered" are awfully homely. She looks downright rough.

However, I'm not sure makeup can help that girl too much. Can't really makeup away nostrils looking at you like another set of eyes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 04:58 pm:

Seth, When I lived back in the NYC metro area My uncle would say yeah, She's a Jewish guy's ten.....A two with 8 million dollars:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 07:29 pm:

This discussion reminds me of a true experience. About 30 or more years ago when our kids were little, one of them brought home pink eye and transmitted it to my wife. Both of her eyes swelled and looked just terrible. To make matters worse she developed at least 2 large cold sores on her lips (probably from stress caused by the eyes).

One night when she was at her worse, after I had fed, bathed and put the kids down, I went into our bedroom with one brown paper shopping bag over my head and one in my hand for her.

We laughed for at least half an hour. Once we quieted down, we'd look at each other and start laughing again. It still makes us smile.

Next click will be 41 year (and all 41 to each other). Gotta laugh once in a while!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 08:21 pm:

Henry, that is a great love story. Times like that are the one we always remember. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 08:35 pm:

I don't know what all the fuss is 'bout, I thought this was Garrison Keillor's mama!
I like him and I 'recon I would like her too!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration