PLEASE HELP FILL IN THE HISTORY OF...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: PLEASE HELP FILL IN THE HISTORY OF...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Monday, January 12, 2015 - 01:13 pm:

This car. It is currently owned by a member of our Sun Country Model T Club. I found the picture several years ago while cruising around internet archives. He believes the car was built by someone named Agger. It came from southern California and the picture was taken at a hill climb event. The car is red over black and has a Frontenac in it. Any info you can share is appreciated. Thanks and happy T'ing!

25 Speedster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 07:30 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 11:54 pm:

That looks like the Long Beach Model T Club hill climb and judging by the hairstyle I'd say sometime in the 70's. A quick look through some old club rosters didn't show anyone with that name or one similar, however she may not have been in the LB club. I've seen that picture before and if I can find it again there may be a caption with a name. It may take some time, but I'll keep my eyes open for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 09:52 am:

Jeff,

I bet Humble Howard or Frank Harris would know. The problem is if Howard does know, he'll never see this unless you print it and show it to him.

I don't believe he's a computer person. I've never seen a post by him on the forum and I've been lurking/posting on this forum for many years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 10:09 am:

It might be worth buying the Long Beach hill climb dvd and seeing if you can spot the car in action.

http://irememberlongbeach.com/product/the-signal-hill-model-t-climb-2/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 06:16 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 02:32 am:

Dana, I think I found your car. It was owned by Jack Hagler and competed in the Long Beach Model T Club hill climb for several years. Each car made three attempts at the hill and the times are shown in seconds for each run. The hill was 1/10th of a mile at 22% grade.

Here are some pics from '74 and '77, and some hill climb results. The car competed in the modified crank / overhead class. Note Ed Archer and Mark Mahoney also competing in this class. I think the picture you posted is from '77 when it was driven by Judy Gramig or Gramis.

As Mike suggested, Humble Howard might know a little more about it. I'll ask him next time I see him. I went through the club rosters again, and Jack is listed until at least 1990, but not in 1995. Howard may know more. No listing for Judy. Car is listed as '25 sport roadster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 02:42 am:

I should have better identified the results. Top left is '77, top right '76, bottom left is 75, center 74, right 73. Judy also competed in '74 so your picture may be from that day. Notice the drivers big hair in the picture of the car from behind. Left pic is '77, center and right are '74.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 10:23 am:

Boy! Some pretty well-known names there!

Bud Hand, Ed Archer, Mark Mahoney, Mike Husted, Fred Upshaw.

Fred Upshaw was into both "T"'s and early (4 cyl.) Chevys. A very knowledgeable guy. I was visiting the late Jim Eliot at his home one evening, and Fred stopped by.

If you check the results for stock Touring in the '77 results, you may find the winner was a '26 Touring owned by E. Bebeck. That's the car I own now.

Unfortunately, I never met Judy Gramig or J. Hagler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 02:18 pm:

woohoo....thanks folks for all your help. Keep those cards and letters coming!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 01:47 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 03:23 pm:

It's interesting to me that Bud Hand's name came up in this conversation. Bud was a neighbor of ours in Malibu, who owned a very fast '25(?) coupe with a Rajo OHV and Chevy hydraulic brakes. I think he said it also had a counterbalanced "A" crank in it, if I recall correctly. I only got to ride in his T once but I still remember how fast and smooth that car was. That would have been in 1967 or 68.

I remember Bud being a serious, aloof guy unless you were talking about fast Model T's. I've often wondered what became of he and his car.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration