Old Photo - Convoy of Chassis, March 1915

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Convoy of Chassis, March 1915
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 11:40 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 11:59 am:

I wonder whether they were on their way to receive ambulance bodies?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 06:21 pm:

They look like military personnel. It looks like a wagon is in the very back by looking at the large wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 08:19 am:

I would think the timing of the war would have ambulance bodies be mostly black radiator. Since these are 1914 or before (Im not real good on brass era) I know they probably had ambulances before 1917, but I do not remember seeing any. Anyone have pictures of brass radiator ambulances . ???? The wagon may be what everyone rode to the train depot in, to pick up the chassis.. ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 08:37 am:

Donnie

Brass radiator T's as war ambulances.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 08:39 am:

Forgot to add the years of the Great War.

World War I, also known as the First World War or the Great War, was a global war centred in Europe that began on 28 July 1914 and lasted until 11 November 1918.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 09:08 am:

Hi Donnie,

Here is a link to a brass ambulance:

http://www.ambulance255.org/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 09:19 am:

amb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 09:19 am:

The war began in 1914, but we weren't in it until 1917. The picture is two years before the USA got into it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 09:37 am:

Then that settles it ! The wagon in the rear of the first picture is the 'vulture wagon'. So a tour retriever vehicle has been at the rear of a Model T tour for over 100 years ! Thanks again, Jay, for this historical reference and proof. ;o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 09:46 am:

Thanks for the photos. I figured there were brass ambulances, but could not remember seeing any..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 09:49 am:

And I thought I had it rough back in my Army days driving that old Deuce and a half in the winter. Can't even imagine what life had to be for the soldiers during the First World war. Got to wonder how many sucoumb to the cold instead of enemy gunfire or a combination of both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 12:19 pm:

Believe me when I tell you I can imagine how cold that could have been. At least I didn't have to dodge bullets or pick up wounded. We owe them a lot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 01:44 am:

World War One actually did not end until June of 1919, Germany was still being blockaded and German POWs were still detained until the treaty of Versailles was signed. November 11th 1918 was just a cease fire.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration