Is it really Rare?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Is it really Rare?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 12:13 pm:

Gotta ask... Tbay question...

Is this really that rare? I am unfamiliar with this model.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extremely-Rare-Unique-1918-Model-T-Ford-Coupelet-Body-Su rvivor-Coupe-Brass-Era-/121431273907?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash =item1c45de31b3&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 12:24 pm:

This is gonna be good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 12:31 pm:

Wonder why he didn't work "Doctor" into that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 12:32 pm:

It sure is!! It's your start to spend 50,000 to built a 25,000 car at best?? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 12:34 pm:

It's been on ebay before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 12:42 pm:

Most of that sellers stuff is made of unobtainium.

Here's another TBAY seller that also offers parts made of unobtainium. Some of the stuff he lists are the same items he's been listing with a reserve for over 12 years that I know of. The item that comes to mind first is the Stewart combo speedometer/clock and lamp you see listed year after year after year after.........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VESTA-SEARCHLAMP-AMERICAN-LAFRANCE-SEAGRAVES-AHRENS-FOX- MODEL-T-FORD-SPEEDSTER-/191478601563?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash =item2c9503975b&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 12:48 pm:

Jay - You are right, of course. Those of us that follow Ebay recognize the seller "Musical 999" for listing very rare parts at very high prices, and they usually don't sell.

It's fun to look at and read his ads though.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 12:55 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/487211.html?1415316660

This is a previous discussion of this coupe. Personally, I enjoy it every time I see it. It is nice to have extreme prices on both ends of the spectrum. Reality is somewhere in between. I have met this fellow and he seems like a nice guy.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 12:57 pm:

"Pillarless" Coupes are EXTREMELY rare. I don't believe there are more than a handful that have survived.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 01:06 pm:

Richard,

I know the guy too. He really is a very nice person. His dad started in the hobby way way back. It's his stuff and I guess he can want what he wants for it... even if it never sells.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 01:18 pm:

What would it cost you to have the body made -- if you could find another one to duplicate??

If it isn't worth that kind of money why don't you guys list the one you have like it that you are willing to sell for so much less?? Because you don't have one and nobody else does either. Bob would probably be happy to buy it. Then he would have the only two of this body style that exists in the world.

18 chassis are a dime a dozen. Put a nice one together, put this body on it and have the only running, driving 18 pillarless coupe in the world. Take it to Barrett Jackson or RM Auctions and sell it and see if this body wasn't worth what you paid for it.

He probably is just trolling to see what is out there and who owns it.

His phone number is in the listing, check your bank balance, give him a call and make him a cash offer. Isn't that the way most things work?? Go for it!!

He has a couple million dollars worth of car including many originals. Maybe you can just buy the whole collection. He has what is probably the most original 14 roadster in the country, one of the finest original 27 tourings, a 17 touring that has never left the county it was sold new in and has had only 3 owners in its lifetime, including him.

Check his feedback and see how much he actually does sell. More than you would believe. Happy customers all over the world. He is shipping a Model A coupe body to Greece this week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 02:01 pm:

Dan B hit the nail on the head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Penserini on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 02:30 pm:

Been awhile since I saw one at Pick n Pull.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 04:06 pm:

I get it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 04:33 pm:

Sorry guys, I don't know the seller of the body in question as I suggested above that I did. I thought the talk was about ebay seller "Musical 999", who Keith mentioned above. I guess it doesn't matter much who I know or don't know, but I didn't want to falsely "endorse" the seller of the body. Carry on...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 06:13 pm:

I have to agree with Stan. If a guy wanted to do a Stonoski this would likely be the candidate. They don't come much rarer than this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 07:26 pm:

OK, rare maybe, but 25 THOUSAND??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 08:08 pm:

Well if your after a [stonoski] it might be the one,but if your after a stynoski i think as left the factory new condition is more important?? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 08:46 pm:

That body is in much better shape than many that have become Stonoski winners. Most here have started with less.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 10:16 pm:

A car does not have to rare to win a Stynoski award. It just has to be an excellent & accurate restoration.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 09:46 am:

To expound on what Jerry said, at the 2006 National tour in Clear Lake, IA, there were two cars entered in the Stynoski competition. One was a 1910 Town Car, very impressive with all its brass. The owner had obviously spent megabucks on the car, including a complete new body built by Ray Wells. The other was a 1926 Touring Car, pretty much a Plain Jane car, but perfectly and accurately restored. The '26 won the award, and the owner of the '10 was irate. But the Stynoski Award is given to the most accurate restoration of an "original car," and (I was told) the judges deemed that a car with a replica body didn't qualify as an original car. BTW, the '26 Touring drove on all the tours for the remainder of the week, including one day in driving rain the whole time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 11:39 am:

Well, there you go! Looks to me like if you are wanting to win a Stynoski Award with a 1918 pillarless coupe, or Coupelet as some call this one, you are going to have to have an original restorable body. Here it is. I bet it's cheaper than what it cost the guy to have the 10 town car body built.

Money is relative. For guys like me, this is beyond my means. For other guys, like three or four oil guys I know in Calgary and Edmonton this is just a little blip in the petty cash account for this month. Several years ago we sold a 1953 Buick Skylark - in pieces on a trailer with the wrong front fenders and 40 years of dust and dirt on it -- at an auction for $65,500. The guy probably had another 75K in it before he got it done. But at that time he had over 300 refer trucks on the road and a full time shop with a half dozen mechanics and paint guys keeping his trucks running and looking good. He told me every truck he owned was bought for cash and all of his shop and everything else he had was paid for. What was $100,000 at an auction in Montana to him? He actually spent a little more than that.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration