O. T. Twetieth Day of Christmas

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: O. T. Twetieth Day of Christmas
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 01:25 pm:

Old Scandinavian tradition says that Christmas lasts for 20 days, so January 13th is the day the Christmas tree is taken down. That is also the time for collecting all your gifts of parts and accessories for the T from under the tree and move them to the garage. (required T content)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 05:23 pm:

I love cultural variations from around the world. Thank you Roar S!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 09:31 pm:

I thought it was the 6th of January. Maybe trhere are variations among the Scandinavian countries?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 10:12 pm:

6:th of january is "thirteenth day", the thirteenth day after Christmas when the three wise men were supposed to have arrived to baby Jesus. January 13th is the 20th day after Christmas and named Knut here in Sweden. It's supposed to be the day when Christmas is over and the decorations are put away. (My wife got tired of the stuff last weekend and thus put it away a couple of days early)

Oddly this is a custom only in Sweden, Finland and parts of Norway while Knut's day is honoring a danish prince that got killed on January 7, 1131, Knut/Knud Laved.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration