Bob McDonald

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Bob McDonald
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 05:02 pm:

It is great sadness that I have to inform you that my father Bob passed away on October 2nd suddenly. He was with his long time girlfriend Charolette. He spoke of this forum and the friends he had made here frequently. I apologize for the late notice but it took me until now to get access to his computer.

Mike McDonald

I can be contacted at 206-300-7007
or Email macdonscg@gmail.com

I will follow this thread as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 05:12 pm:

My deepest sympathies to the family. I so enjoyed his comments and photos here on the Forum. Rest in Peace Bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 05:14 pm:

My condolences to your family. I too enjoyed his postings and his wisdom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 05:20 pm:

Really sorry to hear that. Always enjoyed his posts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 05:39 pm:

Mike,

I met Bob a few times and he visited me at my shop once. He was truly a fine gentleman and a great asset to the Model T community. He will be missed.

My condolences to the family.

Bob Cascisa
Poulsbo, WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 06:01 pm:

I never meet Bob in person but always enjoyed his input here.I am so sorry to hear of his passing, My condolences to your family. Rest in peace Bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 06:24 pm:

I'm sorry for your loss and the loss to the club as well. We will miss his posts on the forum.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 06:26 pm:

Bob was a great guy. He stopped to see me one time, took me to dinner and we stayed until the restaurant was ready to close talking Model T's, auctions, women and music. He was very knowledgeable about all of them and I think had a lot of experience with all of them. We came back to my place and spent hours going through my junk and talking. It was a fun evening. I was always going to stop to see him when I went to Washington but never could catch up with him except at the Puyallup swap meet a couple times. He and Charlotte were always off working or on some adventure. I hope all of his snow conversion material ends up in the right place to be a reference available to all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 06:50 pm:

He was always a welcome presence here. Rest In Peace, Bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 07:01 pm:

Bob on one of his trips down south :-), bought some parts from me and gave me a copy of the Western Auto catalog. Because of that little extra, it will have special meaning.
I am sorry to hear about your and Charolette's loss.
MarkG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 07:03 pm:

So saddened to hear this. I have suspected as much as he has been missing for too long. I, along with many others, always enjoyed his posts, comments, and special point of view of our beloved model Ts. My condolences to you, and all his family and close friends.
Thank you for the information.
Rest in peace, Bob.
Wayne Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 07:18 pm:

Met Bob just a couple of times and enjoyed talking T's with him. Toured with him once to Tenino and he was out here once for a soup party we had.

My condolences to your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 07:19 pm:

I never met Bob, but always enjoyed the knowledge he shared here, especially with Snowmobile equipped Model T's. He will be missed. My condolences to your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 07:22 pm:

Even though I never met him, but have read some of his posts, it's always sad to hear of someone here passing. My prayers go out to you Mike and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 07:23 pm:

Great guy. I only met him once but I liked him. He bought my T snowmobile stuff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

Rest easy Bob, thanks for the 2,768 posts over the years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 07:30 pm:

Bob will be missed. His knowledge of the Model T and snow conversions was huge. I met him about two years ago while I was in Federal Way to visit family. I looked him up and once I mentioned "Model T" it was like we had been friends forever. He was very willing to share his knowledge and stories of his collection. May God bless. Jack Putnam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 08:15 pm:

So sorry Mike,

About a year ago your dad made a post that he wanted to find a 2 speed warford for a snowmobile. I wrote him that I had a good one that I didn't need and gave him a good deal on it. I sent it out and the shipping got all fowled up...we called back and forth several times and had long conversations. Like most of us I think he had more fun chasing that transmission all over Washington than actually getting it. He later sent me an envelope of photo's of the snowmobiles and some literature. Really a fun guy to have spoken with and he was thrilled with his collection and what he did.

So sorry for your loss, your dad sure did have fun and did exactly what he liked. He knew his stuff on those snowmobiles.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 08:23 pm:

I met Bob a few years ago when I brought back some snowmobile tracks for him from Hershey. He was very friendly and loved to talk about the Snowbird conversions, along with just general model T stuff. He was very enjoyable to talk to. My deepest sympathy to the family.

Les Gitts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 11:07 pm:

Mike, I never met your dad but he seemed like a super nice guy from the correspondence we had a few years back. He sent me a set of detailed plans for a pickup bed that he had built. I hope to use them yet. You and your family will remain in our prayers. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Voie - Chehalis, Washington on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 11:16 pm:

I first met Bob at Scotty B's Diner in Tenino at one of the T lunches. Always enjoyed visiting with him and if we weren't talking about T's we'd talk about the days his Shell gas pump displayed by his garage has seen...ie 19 cent a gallon gas!

My deepest sympathy to the family.........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 11:27 pm:

This is just sad...... :-(
I communicated with him on and off any time anyone, anywhere, needed information on Snow T's.
If he wasn't THE authority on snow T conversions I don't know who was.
A whole lot of knowledge went along with him.
Thankfully a lot of his expertise is archived in these forums.
My sympathy to the family

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 11:33 pm:

He's likely piloting a snowmobile across the sky.
He will be and has been missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 11:56 pm:

What a wonderful group these Model T nuts are. This thread is a wonderful testament to
a man and a common bond that seems to attract good people. Mike, sorry for your loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles - Moncton, New Brunswick on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 05:20 am:

I never meet Bob in person but we talked a few times a few years back when he purchased some snowmobile parts from me. Sounded like a great guy and sure loved his snowmobiles! He even sent me pictures of his creations. Neat stuff. RIP Bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 06:54 am:

Our condolences to your family Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 08:47 pm:

Mike-
I am sorry for your loss.

I met him the first time years ago at the Puyallup Swap Meet. There is a Forum group that meets there regularly. He wasn't an E-bay buyer, so I bought a couple of things for him that he wanted.

Not only was he the "go to" guy for snow machine information, he was one heck of a nice guy and he will be missed.

-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 05:09 pm:

Mike, we send you our deepest condolences. Your Dad was a real gentleman and will be truly missed.
May your Dad rest in peace.

-John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 06:40 pm:

Although I never met the man, after seeing his name here so many times it seems that we've lost one of our family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 02:59 pm:

Just wanted to say thanks for all the kind words and thoughts,

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 11:06 am:

Did a search on the forum to find Bob's contact details and came across this...

My condolences to his family.

Wanted to catch up with him about Labrador's snowmobile, a project he was involved with, see:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/474629.html

as well as ask him about the Livingwood 4x4 T he had recently sold.

Big loss for this forum and Model T hobby.

I loved Bob's passion for snowmobiles and for that one elusive sandmobile that was shipped to Egypt in the 1920s, which he never failed to remind us of! See:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/242788.html?1319605836

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/320040.html?1352488644

RIP Bob.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration