Holley NH

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Holley NH
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 09:09 pm:

Hey guys/gals , looking to pick up a rebuilt Holley NH for my 26 tudor , have one on it now ( had a rayfield on it when I bought it ) needs rebuilt and Although I can do many things , carbs and radiators are nothing that I've had experience in . I was thinking of buying one from any of the main parts folks and was wondering which vendor has the best one or is it apples to apples when it comes to carbeurators ? Thanks .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 09:17 pm:

Hi Travis,

The rebuilt carbs carried by Lang's come from Russ Potter, a respected carb guru. I can't comment on the rebuilt carbs from the other vendors. Others here may be able to report.

Good luck with your project. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 09:20 pm:

Rayfield UF??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 09:54 pm:

Stan , I think it is a UF , I can send you a picture tomorrow , the car also has a aftermarket? Manifold which is one piece exhaust and intake , do not think original to car as it has a 1916 patent date on it , but had good threads and not warped. Kinda liked it so I put it back on :-) I can post a picture of it also if you'd like .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 10:07 pm:

Please do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 10:23 pm:

Here's a link to a Rayfield UF post from a past accessory of the day post.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/370191.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 03:28 am:

A Rayfield Stan???? You know what I want.:-)

By the way, still got pictures of the Holley G and a Stromberg OF around...you know pictures of them disassembled?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 05:43 pm:

Here is pictures of the Rayfield and the manifold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 07:21 pm:

Manifold a little brighter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 07:39 pm:

Thanks Mike , phone camera doesn't work so good and garage pretty dark .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 07:45 pm:

Travis, there are a couple things you could do here, you can have the Rayfield rebuilt and run it or I would take it in trade on a rebuilt NH. My email address is stanhowemt@aol.com and my web site is www.strombergof.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 07:50 pm:

I'd be real tempted to send the Rayfield to Stan and have him work his magic on it. He would make it a real gem. An NH works OK but they are nothing special.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 06:12 pm:

Any Thoughts on the manifold ? Pat date of 1916 .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 07:43 pm:

Travis, I don't like to run any of the preheat type of manifolds as they hurt performance. They may have helped back in the day with the poor quality gas. Now the gas is so good there is no need for it. Colder air charge in the combustion chamber is denser than preheated air.

YMMV

Lots of guys like to collect that kind of thing though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 02:19 pm:

Recieved rebuilt carb from Stan ( thank you it looks fantastic ) and 4 rebuilt coils from Ron Patterson , been a lot cold here so not too much time in garage as other projects have taken priority til spring but can't wait to hear it run again now that I've got them !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 02:53 pm:

Fantastic Travis. Spring touring season is upon us here in the PNW. Not so much in PA, but soon. Hope you get some good road time in with your T. Let us know how it runs.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration