Hugo Richter To Celebrate 100th Birthday

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Hugo Richter To Celebrate 100th Birthday
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Sanford - Lucas, TX on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 11:38 am:

Hugo Richter was too busy getting people to join the newly formed MTFCA back in the mid 60s to be included as a Charter member; however, he was member number 55. Hugo turns 100 this week and will celebrate with the Dallas Fort Worth Chapter - the Lone Star T's, family, and friends this next Sunday.

Hugo was active in the new Club in California until the mid 70s when he moved back to Texas and has been active in the Dallas area ever since. He helped write the Service Manual on the Ford Carburetor and is shown in the manual testing a rebuilt carburetor (he admits it is not one of his better photos). Although his last tour was about 4 years ago, he still attends meetings and other events on a regular basis.

The first time my wife and I met Hugo and his wife, Alice, they told us the story about how they double-dated in high school in a Model T. Alice was quick to point out that the date was not with each other. Not many of us have a Model T story like that.

If you want to relay a message to Hugo, please post it here and we will make sure it gets to him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 11:46 am:

Happy birthday Hugo!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 12:40 pm:

That is Great. Happy Birthday Hugo. I've been in the MTFCA almost that long and hope it keeps me going till I'm 100.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 12:53 pm:

Greetings to Hugo from Tim and Joan Eyssen. Great guy!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 03:37 pm:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and BEST WISHES ON YOUR SPECIAL DAY! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 03:39 pm:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUGO!

May you enjoy it in good health and in good company!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 05:14 pm:

Happy Birthday Hugo!! Now you have a real excuse to be Cranky and Trying to Start Something--besides being a Model T owner!! :-)
Here's to the next hundred!!
Linda & David Dewey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 10:49 pm:

I met Hugo about 25 years ago when I was a member of the Dallas Club. He had the club members over to his shop several times. He is one of the nicest T guys you will ever meet. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUGO!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 04:50 am:

Happy Birthday Hugo R!!!!!

And thanks Dennis S for the note. This was nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 07:43 am:

You go, Hugo!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Harris - Garland, Texas on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 08:54 am:

Happy Birthday Hugo, can't wait to celebrate with you this Sunday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 10:53 am:

God bless you Hugo. 100 is quite an accomplishment and you have survived being killed by a Model T or a jealous husband. Hope you have many more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Sherrill on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 01:14 pm:

One my favorite T people! 100 Years Old! Wow Last I saw him this year he looks like the day I met him in 2004 at the Texas T Party?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Klehfoth on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 03:36 pm:

Happy birthday Hugo! Jay and I remember so well when you had a flat tire on a tour and Jolene was forced to wear a brown paper bag over her head at the banquet. She was that embarrassed. We still laugh about that.

You are well loved and respected.

Barbara Klehfoth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 12:10 pm:

Happy birthday Hugo. As long as you keep having birthdays, you will be ahead of me. I am rooting for you.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Martin on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 04:59 pm:

Thanks to all who came to his birthday party or who wished him a happy birthday. We had a great time. Here's a clip from a local tv station.

http://cw33.com/2015/01/19/100-years-young-man-his-model-t-celebrate-century-mar k/

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration