John has gone.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: John has gone.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 12:58 pm:

John was in a home for about the last 3 years but i remember him well! About the nicest person you would ever meet he was a parts man at the local Chevy dealer.He told me when it was slow one of his job's was to go to the train station and service the old model T hack that was still in use in the late 40's! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 03:42 pm:

John who?? I looked for another thread,but didn't find any.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 04:35 pm:

John was just a local who talked to me about the old day's.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 05:24 pm:

Sorry for your loss. Old friends have a bad habit of disappearing on us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 06:25 pm:

He was one of us then and will be missed in spirit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 06:40 pm:

Seems to be a lot of that going around lately. My condolences to you, his friends, and his family. Your loss is our loss.
Wayne Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 06:41 pm:

We have been losing car people and relatives for as long as I can remember. I think we owe it to them to keep the spirit going. Drive your T when the weather gets good. Or sooner!

Rest in peace John.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 10:15 pm:

Ya, I gotta do more with keeping those old turkeys on the road.
Monday I drained the gas out of a nice model A couple and checked the car out and put the small battery charger on it. It charged for 6 hours and the owner disconnected it.
Today I put in a gallon of gas, started it up and drove to the gas station with the 87 year old owner in it with me.
She said her husband bought it 30 years ago but she never rode in it.
They had a model A pickup before he retired. He died 5 years ago.
The old gal had a great time riding with me today.
She laughed & cried at the same time.
Her daughter that lives near has driven it but it was always over heating, etc.
I hope to get it reliable so they can use it more and not have the trunk full of bottles of water.
I have decide to use my '26 touring as a daily driver when summer comes this year.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration