Charley s junk

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Charley s junk
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 02:41 pm:

if anybody wants to look its at the other place.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 02:50 pm:

Other place??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 03:02 pm:

MTFCI Forum General Discussion "What Original Model T Dealer Items Are In Your Collection??"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 05:31 pm:

I'd love to look at them, but on dial-up they would take forever to load.
I like it here!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 06:14 pm:

David,that's how i feel about trying to load on this site.dial- up in cal!i thought mo. was the last place to have it LOL charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 08:10 pm:

Charley,
Nope, in spite of the folks in WASH DC thinking CA is all beaches and cities, we gots lotsa rural, wooded areas. I'm in one of them, and not only is it dial up, I only get about 39k throughput too!
We're cutting down some trees that didn't fall in the last windstorm, because now they look like they might fall on the house & garages, so I might be able to go to satellite afterwards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 09:22 pm:

back when we had dial- up we got a veris because it was to slow to load the updates.but satellite wont be cheep!!!we went from 19.00 to 52.00 we go from tower to tower.fast now.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 09:29 pm:

So...... Does someone have a link to Charley's stuff "over there"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 09:52 pm:

http://www.modelt.org/mtfcivb/showthread.php/837-What-Original-Model-T-Dealer-It ems-Are-In-Your-Collection

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 12:33 pm:

Thanks, Derek.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 05:04 pm:

David, Have you looked into cellphone based internet lately? They are offering more and more data services and have expanded their service areas in a lot of places. I am not a big fan of any of the companies, some of their advertising is actually a total fraud. I went into a (unnamed) cellphone store about a month ago because my mother had to pay her phone bill. They had signs all over their walls bragging about this wonderful new service that they were pushing. Because our current service situation is not very good either, I started asking questions. Boy-oh-boy did he start pushing how wonderful and great this new sliced bread was! It was everywhere! Everyone is buying it and loving it and it works SO fantastic!!!!!!!!
I had to almost tell the person to shut up so I could re-ask my biggest question. Because I used to work in the business (about 30 years), a few things he said meant something to me.

"IS this a cellular tower delivered system?"
"OH, no. We have partnered with the cable company in order to expand the services we can offer! These services are delivered right to your door through the cable you already have!"
"I live outside of town, in the woods. I don't know where cable's service ends, but I do KNOW that it is not within a mile of my house."
>Moment of silence<
"I guess our service won't work for you."

I truly DO HATE marketing. It was the main reason I wanted out of the cable industry.

There are some truly cellular information services.
Good luck!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 09:37 pm:

HI Wayne,
I recently had a conversation with my brother that went like this:
"YOU NEED to get a smart phone!"
"Why?"
"Because---oh, you don't have any cell service at your house do you?"
"Nope"
"Never mind. . . ."
So, yes I keep looking for ANYTHING better than this 33K dial-up (That's right, it's not even 56K!!)
I am in the process of taking down some dead & diseased trees, maybe this will open up a space to get in line with a satellite--so far we don't have a line-of-site--even my GPS gets lost!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 10:15 am:

I have the same problem with internet. Cable wants over $5K to hook us up and no good cell service. We use satellite but it costs $100 a month and is no where as fast as cable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 10:28 am:

i have a sprint hot spot for my computer connection. very fast, 39.99 a month, worked well for 2 years. now its gotten goofy and sprint is being very hard to deal with. not over yet, but for rural folks like me those mobile wifi devices are a good thing

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration