Painting fenders

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Painting fenders
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 08:15 pm:

I am about to take the sheet metal off my 13 hack (fenders,running boards,splash apron and hood) and take them to a friends shop to have them painted. I think I don't need to pop the fender rivets but just take them from the brackets. What do you think? They are solid with no imperfections like cracking/rust/etc.. Dick C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 08:26 pm:

Hi R.S.

I'm confused. Why would you want to remove the brackets prior to painting? You stated that the fenders are good. Ford painted the fenders with the brackets in place. Are you speaking of the fender irons?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 06:14 am:

Bill, I guess I used he wrong terms to describe my question but I think you answered it. I intend to leave the "brackets" on and disconnect the fenders from the "fender irons". Therefore, the rivets and bracket stay in place. Is that correct in your opinion? Dick C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 07:56 am:

Ayuh. Good luck with your project and please show us some pictures of the finished work. Bill

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration