Old Photo - Homebrewed Camper

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Homebrewed Camper
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 10:31 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 12:07 am:

Looks a bit drafty and I bet with that rip in the fender it does more than rattle down the road, or what roads (if any) they have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 07:35 pm:

Hey, a Pop Top. Roomy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 10:57 pm:

she looks like she's thinking about the other guy she could have married

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 12:38 am:

And he looks as if he just realized there is a shopping cart "over there".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 11:27 am:

And they are both wondering when they can get their next bath.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 09:37 am:

He does look a lot like Bubbles, Burger!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 01:10 pm:

Easy to poke fun at folks having hard times ....

Between WWI and WWII and shortly there after,
our population had a large number of mobile workers- including tradesmen & skilled workers ....

They cris-crossed the country following the work,
which was not just seasonal & agricultural ....

Families were mobile out of necessity - not choice.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 02:00 pm:

There always has been a mobile work force. Some are agriculture, some oil, some construction, just folks going to where the work is. I've gone to a bunch of different RV parks the last two years and there are a lot of folks living out of 5th wheels or motor homes who live months to years in one place before moving on depending on the projects. Some are having difficult times, others just prefer a more gypsy life style. Almost all of those I've met are working rather than sitting on their butts waiting for the next welfare check. Have to respect the work ethic regardless of their circumstances.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 10:22 am:

Who was poking fun? I must have missed it >shrug<

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 10:34 am:

It's a different kind of life for sure. My brother spent a few years following the wheat harvest from Texas up into Canada. Some places they camped in were pretty good and some places were nearly inhabitable. A lot of the guys you work for are mean and go through workers pretty fast. It doesn't take long for the word to get out as to who you work for and who you don't. Most of the guys who owned the equipment. Had to run their outfits with an iron fist because of the drinking. It was pretty rough but he said it gave him a lot of appreciation for the "gypsy" style workforce in this country.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 10:50 am:

You never know when you're better off.

"Wonder how your sister Bonnie is doing? She really liked that Clyde guy."

"Last I heard they were going to some farm to rest up for awhile."

"Yeah, we should of stayed with them."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Monday, January 19, 2015 - 10:30 pm:

The front tire appears to be a 3" yet it is demountable. I have never seen a demountable 3" tire, only 3 1/2 ........

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration