Rad Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Rad Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 01:15 am:

The rad on my new 24 looks correct but today when looking at it I found it did not have the support bar near the bottom. Did ford put any type of tag or stamping on these later rads?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 01:52 am:

Looks like it had been recored sometime in the past. Maybe builder removed it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 04:35 am:

Jerome, there were aftermarket radiators without the cross bar which is part of the mounting. The ones I have, have the mountings built into the side panels. The side panels are thicker, they are double in thickness where a second piece re-inforces the side and adds thickness to the mounting.

All this is to compensate for the lack of the original cross bar.

Your may be similar.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 04:56 am:

Jerome,
I may be wrong in thinking these radiators are aftermarket replacements. Except for the side plates, every little detail in the brass panels is identical to the high radiators with the cross bar. Perhaps they may have been Ford issue at some timeside panel detail

Note the extra bracket to hold the shell out at the bottom.dside panel

Allan from down under.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration