Holdup

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Holdup
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 07:51 am:

I can't believe it has taken me 4 years to get around to fixing the broken crankshaft in my speedster, but the registration sticker says so!

The motor is ready to go back in, but I am going to fit the Ruckstel to my roadster, so it is out.

The other holdup is under thr car. I made these, for an all up cost of 15 dollars, all for the Acrow prop thread piece. The bases are old plough discs. The threads are from just one Acrow prop piece cut in half. The timber cross piece is cut to just fit between the valence panels. This allows the props to be placed further back, making the car more stable. Timber is more forgiving and less likely to slip. The props are easily adjusted to height while the car is still on the jack, and then the jack is withdrawn.

Just another way to pluck a duck.

Allan from down under.prop

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 08:03 am:

Clever! Well done. Four years for a broken crankshaft? The crankshaft in my '14 broke on Halloween of 2009 and the crankshaft in my '24 in August of 2011. Extreme penury precludes repair.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 01:28 pm:

Bill - I had to look that one up :-)

I hope you get over that wretched disease soon!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 02:04 pm:

The last outing in my T was in December 2008 - a cracked transmission drum finally did her in.

I am also afflicted with the same thing as Bill Harper so it's a looong road back onto the road! We'll make it yet! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 12:22 am:

RE penury, I currently suffer greatly from that! :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Kahler- Springfield, MO on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 04:18 am:

After taxes:

penury
noun
extreme poverty; destitution : he died in a state of virtual penury.
ORIGIN late Middle English : from Latin penuria ‘need, scarcity’ ; perhaps related to paene ‘almost.’

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration