Old Photo - Albert Rich's Pop Corn Wagon, Cambridge, N.Y.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Albert Rich's Pop Corn Wagon, Cambridge, N.Y.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 10:27 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 12:43 pm:

Jay, this one brings back some great memories! Back in the 70's I had just traded My 66 Shelby GT350 for a 66 Sunbeam Tiger and our first trip was to upstate NY. We stopped here and bought popcorn from "Dottie" Albert's daughter. She said the truck had been on those streets since it was new. Back then it was in beautiful original condition, It seems to have suffered from exposure judging by current photos.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 12:54 pm:

I forgot to include the picture of the truck today.
Howard Dennistruck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 02:45 pm:

That is a neat follow up Howard. It looks to me like an adaption of a '24 or '25 closed car cowl and lower windshield. The fenders, hood and radiator fit that time frame. Nickled headlamp rims added. I'll bet there were many happy customers over the years.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 04:53 pm:

There is one in Breckenridge,Mi where i live but the owner will not do anything with it! Over the years i have offered help but? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 05:05 pm:

The wagon was mechanically restored to road worthiness and complete functioning systems by various members of our club and by youth involvement in conjuction with the Saratoga Auto Museum.

All the popcorn system inside is powered by steam and a series of shafts that power different functions. It makes great popcorn!

I thought I had lots more pictures but can not find them currently.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 05:27 pm:

The Popcorn truck was in Vermont for the MTFCI 2012 Tour, and it was being used to make popcorn.
This Cretors machine was mounted on a new 1925 TT chassis. It was manufactured in Chicago. It is one of only two like it ever built. The other one is restored. It was family owned since new, and was used up until the 90ís. It was used in New York, Massachusetts, Vermont and Connecticut traveling the Fair circuit. For a number of years it was driven to Florida in the winter for the Fair circuit down there. They drove it non-stop, switching drivers and sleeping on the floor as they went. The originals ownersí daughter used it until 1998. She died in 2007 at the age of 92. After she died it was auctioned off. Jay Leno was a high bidder. When he learned the Saratoga Auto museum was trying to acquire it to keep it in the local area, he graciously decided not to buy it.
Don Buesing, a Model T enthusiast is associated with the Saratoga Museum. He figured out how everything worked and got it up and operating, which was no easy task, as there were no operating manuals with it. Itís now used in the summer months as it once was making popcorn. Don was very instrumental in keeping it from being restored, which would have diminished the history and value of this vehicle. You canít believe how original and what great shape this is in for how long it was used. This is an unbelievable piece of Model T history. I canít describe the feeling you get when you see this in person. It just puts you in AWE of how original it is and the shape it is in. This is one time picture doesnít do it justice. If you want further information here is a link.
http://local.aaca.org/bullrun/Chatter/Oct_2007.pdf pages 8-9

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 05:38 pm:

These pics were taken in 2009 when Don Buesing was bringing back to popcorn working condition. He figured out all the systems to make it work.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration