Old Photo - Where there's A Will,,,,,,,,,,, And A Old FORD

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Where there's A Will,,,,,,,,,,, And A Old FORD
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 10:34 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Baker on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 10:46 am:

Cool picture! It is a International Harvester Co., the set up probably worked good and got lot more done in a day! Looks like they clamped the left T drive wheel to the heavy drive wheel .
We live on a farm that has been in the family since 1868, and yes we had one........pulled by horses my Dad should have thought of this!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 03:14 pm:

All that work and ingenuity to put it together! And with a 20hp engine! Amazing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 03:32 pm:

It looks like there's an auxiliary transmission shifter just in front of the gas tank. I wonder what gear combination and speed was considered "normal" for working purposes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 03:23 pm:

I sent this to my brother who is an engineer at Case IH, and he stated that this is indeed an IH corn binder and that he has still seen them in use by the Amish in some of the fields around where he works.

Here is a video of one in action (non-T mounted) with a good explanation of how it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA3zbJNvWuo

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration