Starting question 1927 coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Starting question 1927 coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 02:42 pm:

I am just attempting to start the engine I am going to use on the car I'm building for my sister. I bought an aftermarket switch coupled with a Texas T distributor. I have power to the starter and the unit turns over but doesn't seem to be firing. I have a hunch it's in the switch but don't know how to check it out. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Harvswitchswitchswitchswitch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 03:41 pm:

Timing set ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 04:08 pm:

followed the instructions with the distributor. I hope it's correct. Harv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 05:11 pm:

Harvey, it's probably the switch. I've had two new ones and neither one worked straight out of the box.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alby Anderson on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 05:28 pm:

You could probably check for power by connecting a volt meter from the + side of the coil to a ground or bypass the switch by connecting the + side of the coil to a known live + source.

I have the Texas T distributor on my '27 and am very happy with it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 06:05 pm:

Repro switch - test light or test meter on the + side of the coil and wiggle the key.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 08:33 pm:

I'll test the coil tomorrow with the test light. If it is the switch, any suggestions where to get one that works instead of buying another dud? Harv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 09:35 pm:

The switch vendor should make it good. The original switches are simple and rugged and easily repaired. I would suggest you return the repro for a refund and find a good used one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bertha P. Mills on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 09:39 pm:

How old this machine ? Looking so ancient but very pure.Here is showing the connection ?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration