What type of rear springs do I have?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What type of rear springs do I have?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Carson on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 09:50 am:

Does anyone have an idea what type of vertical springs these are on my 15 touring. Thanks in advance.
BTW this is my first post. popjpeg{510284,springs }

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Carson on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 09:54 am:

Sorry trying to post pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 09:56 am:

Robert you need to change the file size on your picture to under 200 kb if you don't know how to do that send them to me JewlHope at gmail.com Replace at with @

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 09:57 am:

we must have been posting at the same time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 10:02 am:

it is an after-market shock absorber but I haven't seen that configuration before Are they just on the rear wheels or on the front too?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 10:05 am:

Not Ford. Aftermarket shocks. Somebody more familiar with accessories than I am will be along before long to ID them. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Carson on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 10:10 am:

Just on the rear.I haven't jacked it up yet to releive the spring tension but It looks like the shackles just ride on the mount

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 10:13 am:

By the way, as you're just getting into this fascinating hobby/pastime/obsession, here's a little something for new folks. As the saying goes, welcome to the affliction.

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG80.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 10:13 am:

looks like some one over tightened them with the coils fully compressed there would be no benefit of having them on the car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Carson on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 10:21 am:

They seem to set a little off center giving the chassis a lean to the right.hopefully the can be rehabed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Carson on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 10:26 am:

And thank you Steve. This car was my grandfathers.He passed long before I was born.Restoring it just seemed like the right thing to do

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 11:02 am:

Go for it, Robert -- It's wonderful that you have the opportunity to bring your Grandfather's car back to life.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration