Old Photo - Someone Needs An Attitude Adjustment

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Someone Needs An Attitude Adjustment
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 11:35 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 11:38 am:

What a difference between the shine of the fenders & hood & the body!

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 12:12 pm:

She knows something he don't!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 12:15 pm:

Maybe she just told him they should have stayed in the front seat last month :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 12:24 pm:

Paul, I think that was common on black era cars after a couple of years out in the sun. The hood and fenders were owen baked after painting, the body was not due to the wood content. Thus the shine on the body disappeared faster than on the pure steel parts whose gilsonite coating was more durable

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, January 16, 2015 - 01:40 pm:

I agree with Roger regarding the durability of the oven baked paints. I have seen a number of period pictures of Model Ts with drab looking bodies whose fenders and etc still appeared shiny.

Looking at the different expressions on the couple in the photo reminds me of an occasion with two of my associates: one commented favorably about an attractive woman in our proximity, the other added "Remember, no matter how good looking she is, somewhere there is a guy who is sick of her $hit".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 01:09 pm:

He was ready to take her on a date, and her parents wanted his picture first.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 02:42 pm:

It looks to me like it's their 5th anniversary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 03:43 pm:

She looks just like a childhood friend of mine, if she had been that age in 1920. So far, she's ageless, still looks like she did in college days--some folks get all the right genes, I guess!
Me? I always wore the cheap off-brand jeans, maybe that's where I went wrong!!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 08:58 pm:

Well, I sent her a copy of the picture, and she agrees--any idea of where it was taken?? Probably not a relative of hers, but one never knows!
She loves the dress & it is something I could see her wearing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 11:57 pm:

Thread drift alert!
Yeah, David D. A great uncle of mine looked like he didn't age a day in over fifty years. When he was 27, he looked 77, and when he was 82, he still looked 77.
Me? the first time I was asked if I wanted the senior discount? I was in my 30s.

Back to the photo! Another good one Jay!
I notice the cowl lamp lens appears awfully dark. This has been noticed on a number of photos over the years. I still wonder if it is sooting up of the lens? Maladjustment of the wick? Cheap kerosene? Just gotta wonder.
Thanks all!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 12:23 am:

I just get asked if I was born this ugly, or it was the result of some terrible accident !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 12:41 am:

Wayne, I've noticed the dark lenses on the cowl lamps too. I would say it's because of the reasons you mention. I use mine often and they get dirty fast. It's easy to get a perfect flame yet find it smoking out of control ten minutes later. I'm sure the kerosene of the day was even worse.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration